SAVE the DEAD

"SHIT!" You screamed as the first grade curse hit your leg.

Nanami couldn't let his guard down, as he continued to try dodging the curses attacks. Yu swiftly jumped out of the way, but stumbled as he reached your side, breathing heavily.

"You're bleeding!" Yu panicked as he fell next to you as you were clutching onto your leg. "C'mon climb onto my back let's get you"-

He was interrupted by a large crash and the ceiling suddenly falling over the two of you. "Yu!" You yelled. "Go help Kento!"

"But you're inj"-

"Yu!" You grabbed his face with your hands, making him look you in the eyes. "I can't move! You have to help Kento, okay?! Please!"

Nodding quickly, Yu quickly pulled you into a hug. You gripped onto him tightly. You didn't want to let him go. The three of you should've never been here. "Promise me you won't move! I'm coming back to get you okay?"

You nodded, tears welling up in your eyes. Yu looked at you, a bit more determined, less shaken than he was before. "We'll be alright."

"Of course," you muttered quietly, nodding back to him.

And then Yu Haibara left. The light of your life, the most positive and cheerful person you loved and cherished, one of your best friends was gone. That was the last time you'd see him.

Sitting there helplessly, you tried to use your technique, trying to form anything that you could with the vast amount of cursed energy, your energy which was slipping away, anything.

The ceiling kept cracking, falling in small pieces, ash falling on your hair, getting into your lungs. But they were fighting, that's what it meant, it was a good thing they were still-

A sudden silence.

Then a strangled scream.

Nanami. Calling out Yu's name.

A large explosion is what took you out, causing the entire building to collapse, the ceiling crushing you in the process.

"Y/N! Where are you?!"

It didn't take long for Satoru to get rid of the curse, but finding you, that was the one thing he apparently was not able to do.

He'd been screaming at the top of his lungs for what felt like days. He couldn't even find you in a room because every room had collapsed.

"Y/N! Please! Where are you?!"

Would begging work? He hoped it would. Satoru didn't ask for much. He didn't ask for a happy family. He didn't ask for a life without his technique. He didn't ask for every luxurious thing his family threw in his face so that he'd stick with them.

He usually asks for his high school years to last forever.

Right now he asked for you to be safe. Anywhere, even away from him, just be safe.

Satoru's phone went off, and he immediately answered it. "I can't find her Suguru!" He exclaimed. "She isn't- she's nowhere!"

"She isn't nowhere," Suguru said quickly, a lot more calmly than how Satoru felt. "She is there, okay?" Suguru lowered his voice. "Look, I need you to be calm here okay? Ieiri had a panic attack. Kento is hopeless enough, he thinks she's dead but we don't know that for certain. If anyone can find her it's you, okay, so focus. She has strong cursed energy. If she's anywhere near conscious, you'll sense it. Even if she isn't, she was probably trying to produce something right before she passed out okay, so if you focus right now, you can find her. So find her, Satoru. You're the only one who can. You're the strongest."