(3)

­­­­­All the family members were looking at Zaheer as if he had just given an awfully bad news about something.

"Zaheer, what are you saying?" Sameena voiced out her question

"Ji, Zaheer Bhai... both of them are kids. It's not possible and it's not the right time." Aayesha backed Sameena, looking equally stressed after what they just heard

"AAYESHA... you don't have to speak in between. Zaheer Bhai had already talked with me about this and I don't have any issue." Habib said in a gruff and irritated voice.

Aayesha couldn't believe what she just heard from her husband. What kind of a person is her husband... fine, he doesn't care about his wife; his first wife. But this decision about their daughter's life... without any consultation or consent of hers. This was too much for her. She was about to speak up again but was stopped by Amma.

"What is wrong with this wish of Zaheer. It's the right age of marriage and don't you all know that all of us got married in the same age. Sameena and Aayesha, both of you... still haven't learnt to listen to what your husbands say and being their wives instead of supporting them, both of you are always against them." She said loudly, almost in an angry tone.

Fehmi and Saiqa nodding their heads and giving their vote of approval for their mother.

"But Amma, it's not about us... our children are involved and Fakhir is not just Zaheer's child, I am his mother. A decision this big and nobody cared to ask the mothers of the children only... No, it's not right. Th... This will not happen. Their whole childhood would be destroyed." Sameena clearly told what she was feeling.

"This is not up for discussion; Habib and I have already finalized everything. I don't think I have much time left and this is just a small wish of mine and you can't see that being fulfilled." Zaheer asked Sameena, who was looking more shocked now.

"Zaheer Bhai, I think it would be better if you could ask the kids first. Their approval for this is very important." Sajjad (Fehmi's husband) gave his opinion.

"Yes, talk with both of them and tell them about the decision and they should know that the elders, especially a father will never take a decision that will harm their kids in any way. Sameena and Aayesha will inform Fakhir and Aini." And with that Zaheer stood up and made his way towards his room, leaving no space for any conversation.

Sameena and Aayesha looked towards each other helplessly, not knowing or understanding how will they talk about all of this with their kids.

_____________________________________________________________________________

It was the next day and the whole house was silent even though everyone was awake and doing their work as usual. Aini and Faiza came to the kitchen to have their breakfast, before going to school. There they saw their Amma and Badi-Ammi talking in hushed voices among themselves.

"Assalamu-alykum, beautiful ladies." Aini greeted them with a smile, but the next moment she got worried when she saw both of them looking so tired and... as if they had cried.

"What happened?" she asked

"Nothing bacha... just slept late, because of all the extra work yesterday." Aayesha tried to cover up and gave their breakfast, reminding them to eat and go to school.

Sameena and Aayesha had decided to talk with their husbands again in the morning, after kids have gone... to make them understand the gravity of their decision.

Aini not fully convinced, sat to have her breakfast as she was having some revision quizzes today in her school and didn't want anything to spoil it. She made a note to check upon everything when she was back. Just when she was ready to pick up the glass of milk, she heard loud footsteps approaching towards the kitchen and already knew who it was.

Fakhir, who is always rushing out for school came hurriedly with his tie in his hand and picked up the glass before Aini could even touch it and gulped it down in two shots.

"Allah Hafiz, Amma and Chachi" he announced and was ready to move out when he almost tripped because of something. Faiza giggled and sat comfortably with her toast to watch the upcoming war between her elder sister and cousin brother.

"Aini... are you mad or what. I would have fallen because of you." He shouted

"I am not mad, you are. It was my glass and you drank it all. Don't you have any manners?" she shouted back.

Aayesha and Sameena came in between because they knew how their small bickering would build up to a bigger fight; and gave Aini another glass so that she can have something before going out.

They both looked at each other and were worried seeing the dynamics between Fakhir and Aini and made a point to convince their husbands anyhow.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for giving your time to this story.

Do leave your reviews and don't forget to vote.

See you all next time. Bye :)