(13)

It has been more than two months now since the wedding and there had been ups and downs between Fakhir and Aini as usual... the bickering, the sarcasm and leg pulling, still very much going on; but somehow, all of this had gone a notch down.

Aini has been handling some of the household chores along with her studies; and Fakhir... though nothing much had changed in his routine; was at least taking care of his studies. It looked as if everything seemed peaceful and steady in the house... but unfortunately, it was just the calm before the storm.

Zaheer had been experiencing mild pains and health issues since his heart attack, but with medications it seemed that it will be fine. However, one can never say about what will happen in the future.

It was late on a Wednesday night, when he was rushed to the hospital. The whole night family members had prayed for his health and safety, while doctors had put him in the ICU. Tests, medications, x-rays and many other things... made Habib and Fakhir run from one corner of the hospital to the other. Aayesha was there with her Bhabhi being her support in these tough times.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Fakhir... how is Bade-Abbu now? What did the doctors say? Did you meet him?" Fakhir had just got back from the hospital to freshen up and take food and evening tea for his Amma and Chachi but was attacked by Aini's questions the moment he entered the room.

"Aini... Aini. Calm down. Give me a moment." He said and laid back on the bed while his feet were still on the ground.

Aini looked at him with concern, she could tell how difficult all of this is and not just physically but mentally as well. She quickly rushed to the kitchen to bring water for him and also kept the kettle on the stove to get the tea ready, in case he asked for it.

She entered the room to find Fakhir still laying in that position; she nudged him and made him sit up to hand him the glass of water. When he handed her the glass back, he saw her standing & looking at him with questions in her eyes.

"Baba is fine now, but the reports are not that good. He is still in the ICU because of his condition, but we met him one by one and right now Amma & Chachi are there; & because Chachu had to go to the office he couldn't stay back." He explained her in a tired tone.

"Don't worry Fakhir... Bade Abbu will be fine and back very soon. Rest for some time as you have been in the hospital since last night." She said while keeping her hand on his shoulder and reassuring him.

"Will you be going back?" she asked

"Yes, in some time. Just prepare some snacks and tea for Amma and Chachi, which I will take with me." He said while taking off his shoes.

"You haven't eaten anything Fakhir... should I bring something for you?" Aini asked

"No, not in the mood, or wait... just a cup of tea; and haan... please, take out some clothes so that I can freshen up and change." he said after getting up from the bed.

Aini at once moved towards the wardrobe to take out his clothes and gave it to him; Fakhir mumbled a small "thanks" to her and while going towards the bathroom, he...

"Aini, suno..." Fakhir called her as she was about to leave the room "Please wake me up on time otherwise Amma will be worried."

"Yeah... sure." She replied and went to prepare everything.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Zaheer was back at home after a whole week of hospitalization; he had become very weak after the second minor attack and even with the loads of medications and diet... he did not feel well at all.