(41)

Read this chapter slowly... to fully immerse yourself in it.

In the end, let's talk about it... ENJOY

________________________________________________________________________________

Fakhir was welcomed in the office with a list of tasks, files and emails at his desk. As the day progressed, he went to the workshop to check on the latest order which was under progress, checking everything and giving his insights to the workers present.

"Fakhir" Sameena came towards him with a file

"Ji Amma"

"Look at this, I am not able to understand it" she said, with a sigh

Fakhir took hold of the file examining it and going through it meticulously

"Amma, this is the financial record of the orders we prepare in excel sheets. Showing the cost of production, extra charges, any loss and all of that. It shows us the clear picture of our earnings after the completion of each order" he explained it to his mother.

Sameena didn't say anything for some time and seeing her in a tensed expression, Fakhir asked her about it

"Fakhir, I found this file on Habib's desk" Sameena said slowly "I went there to ask him about something, but he was not there. As I was about to move, this file caught my attention... it was kept between some newspapers on his desk"

Fakhir brows furrowed at this "But, why would this be with him. We sign the deals and finalize the monetary part, then what was this doing with him?" Fakhir asked, equally puzzled.

"I don't know, but Shukr Alhumdulillah, we found it. Now keep this with you, I'll go and check on the other things" and with that Sameena went away.

Fakhir also made his way back to the office and went straight to his cabin. His line of deep thoughts got disturbed by the shrill sound of his phone, it was the alarm which Aini had set to remind him to eat, because of his changed and tightly packed schedule with his office work and his ongoing course, which has already started few weeks back.

He unknowingly smiled at his blazing phone and after turning off the alarm, he called the peon to bring his lunch.

________________________________________________________________________________

Aini was coming home after a full schedule day of class today, four lectures and one practical class. Even though she loved being in the midst of books, studies and college atmosphere she was exhausted and moreover, she had other things on her plate as well, related to her duties of a Bahu which she needs to complete when she reaches home.

She brushed away the thoughts, and took the right turn on the street. The house was now just two minutes away, but from nowhere she felt drops of water on her face, and then around her on the street. Rain... she groaned and hurried towards her home, while clutching the big dupatta around her.

However, till the time she had reached the Ahmed House, she was fully drenched because of the sudden downpour. She quickly opened the main gate, and hurried inside.

"Aini" Aayesha gasped, seeing her all wet because of the rain

"Ya Allah, gudiya... yeh kya haal banaya hai tumne, chata kahan hai tumhara?" Aayesha asked concerned, as she quickly took the bag from her and the wet chadar from Aini's hand.

"Amma, bhool gaye the hum jaldi mein" Aini, said shivering a bit.

"Kya karti ho tum Aini, kese bhool gayi haan? Allah na kare bimaar ho gayi toh" Aayesha scolded her daughter