(44)

For the love of my life, I couldn't find any image that could go with this chapter... so sorry for that. I hope the descriptions does their job 🫶

ENJOY 😊

________________________________________________________________________________

Mid-November Karachi nights, air caring a hint of mild coldness, a welcome relief from the day's scorching heat. Soft lamplight switched on the streets, illuminating the peaceful calm all around. Amidst the occasional murmur of passing conversations and the distant hum of traffic, people were cooped up in their homes finishing up their day's work... and Aini being one of them, was in the kitchen waiting for the milk to get boiled.

Sameena and Aayesha came inside with their cups in their hands, clearly indicating about their late-night tea sessions which they rarely miss.

"Aini, tumhara kaam abhi tak finish nahi hua?" Aayesha asked, as she started with the washing of the used cups

('Aini, hasn't your work finished yet?')

"Nahi Amma, sab ho gaya tha... yeh dhoodh lene aaye aaye the Fakhir ke liye" she replied

(No, Amma, everything was done. Just came to get some milk for Fakhir')

"Abhi tak class chal rahi hai uski?" Sameena asked, checking the time in her phone which showed 10:40 pm

('His class is still going on?')

Aini nodded and replied, "You know na, Badi Ammi... there was some meeting in the office today and therefore, he couldn't even get time to start today's class... toh bas abhi puri kar raha hai"

('.... so, he's finishing it now')

Sameena and Aayesha nodded their head in understanding

"Aini, gudiya" Aayesha began "these online classes... are these really helpful, matlab aise college jaaye bina padhai ho jati hai?"

('... without going to college, one can study and learn?')

Aini gave a polite smile to her mother and replied, "Ji Amma... zamana bohot aage badh gaya hai, if one wants to complete their education or even learn a new skill, internet is a vast space for it."

Then after closing the knob of the stove, she continued "The course in which Fakhir is enrolled 'The Fundamentals of Business Accounting'... it is a skill-based course, so they prioritize on what they are teaching and what the learner wants to learn. Even though they are not full-fledged course like mine, but still... these courses are extremely helpful, and... right now; he is only in the second month of it.... In Sha Allah by the end of it, he will surely would have learned quite a good amount, which would act as his solid foundation"

Aini poured the milk in his mug and picked it up. She then turned towards the women sitting there and looking at her with an adoring look. Giving her precious smile to them she bid them good-night...

_____________________________________________________________________________

Fakhir was sitting on his desk with his laptop open and notebook spread out. The glow of his laptop illuminated his face as he absorbed the intricacies of financial statements and balance sheets.

The room was enveloped in a tranquil silence, disturbed only by the occasional tap of Fakhir's fingers on the keyboard and then the rustling of the papers as he took notes.

The digital classroom transported him into a realm of financial theories and he immersed himself in the ebb and flow of virtual lectures.

Aini entered the room with a warm glass of milk, and noticed the weariness etched on Fakhir's face as he rubbed the back of his neck from time to time.