(45)

Missed Me....??

I missed you all a lot ... ❤️

Well, I am back... lovely to connect with you all again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Aini never had any preference or favoritism regarding seasons or changes in weather. However, now she was not really sure of what she thought about winters... Didn't the cold air outside brought coziness and warmth inside, with warm beverages and food...? Her mind often questioning about these things.

Reason behind these thoughts — the cold war going on between her father and her Badi-Ammi, something was amiss... so much that she could feel it in her bones, even with the double layering of clothes she had all the time.

The New Year had started just a week back, making everyone come out of their hibernation and move ahead with the same routines and schedules.

Not for her though, as her semester exams were coming up... she had been more of on a run than before. She missed her school days, when exams had seemed just another routine event, something that came and went without much fanfare... 'exams hi toh hai, har saal hote hai' her own words replaying in her mind.

('It's just exams... which happens every year')

.

.

Sameena was in her cabin, going through financial reports of their business. Those files and numbers were the reason behind the headache which she had started to feel. Since her joining, she had given her best to learn the intricacies of running and administration of the office and its work. However, the lack of education was seeming to prove the biggest hurdle in understanding the financial labyrinth and the possibility of being betrayed by the closed ones... only added to the pressure.

The numbers on the ledger didn't align with the expected values. The discrepancy was glaring, and her sixth sense sensed trouble. This puzzle of numbers and percentages perplexed her to great extent. Papers filled with blank ink filled her mind with doubts, and the suspicion zeroing on non-other than her brother-in-law and the office manager as well.

However, Sameena was no kaccha Khiladi and her strong willed and experienced mind could see what has been going on. But the question remains... how to catch them red handed, when she herself is lost in the midst of all these and her son... Fakhir is still very much inexperienced to understand all of it.

.

.

.

________________________________________________________________________________

"What do you mean by there is some issue with the machines?" Fakhir asked, his hand running through his hairs in frustration

"What... order will not be able to complete in time... ye aap ko mujhe pehle inform karna tha Javed Sahab, delivery se do din pehle nahi" his voice raising with time

('... you had to inform me about this before, Javed Sahab... not two days before delivery')

"Toh aap ko kyun rakha hai?... what, wait a minute... which message are you talking about?" his face etched with confusion

('Then, why have we appointed you? ...')

"I didn't receive any message and moreover, you needed to come to me for this, not Habib Chachu" he stated gravely, pacing back and forth in his brown buttoned down shirt and black pants, with his overcoat laying on the bed.