(21)

Aini and Fakhir were sitting on the bed engrossed in some work of office. The bed was piled up with some papers, files and documents. It felt someone has come and dumped everything on their bed.

"Did you find it?" Fakhir asked while examining a file

"No... you?" Aini asked, as she kept a pile of papers aside and started with the other one.

"Not yet" Fakhir replied "Ya Khudaya... kahan chali gayi wo file aur papers. Maine tax jama kar wana hai do dino main" he said and realised a frustrated sigh

"Did you check properly in the office, Fakhir?" Aini asked, but only got a bored expression from him

Both of them were in the search of important document which was needed for the verification of their business transactions and account holdings. But, even after searching for it everywhere, they were not able to find it.

Aini was looking around some file, when something dropped from it... and it caught both of their attention. She picked it up and saw the name printed on it 'AMNA'.

Fakhir, who had recognized it from one glance only... slowly looked towards Aini, who was still holding that card and examining it.

He still remembers the next morning when he had woken up to an empty room and everything that had happened previous night when he had met Amna for the last time. He clearly remembered how utterly devastated he was and the way Aini had supported him without any question.

He knew that Aini had been with him for the whole night, because he had seen her next day... massaging her neck or back from time to time and how she had avoided any talk with him about that night. He was grateful for that, but... now since it's been few days since that happened, he realised that it would be better if they can talk it out, between them.

"Umm..." Anni began after keeping that card back in its place in a hurry "I'll make tea, bohot dair se kaam kar rahe hai" and with that she shifted to come down from the bed, but was stopped by a hold on her hand.

"Kahan bhaag rahi ho?" Fakhir asked, fully knowing that she was again avoiding this topic.

"Huh" she chuckled "What... obviously not" she tried getting her hand free but no success "I... I was just going to make tea f..."

"AINI" Fakhir said in a loud voice, making her stop and look at him

"We need to talk... you avoiding this topic like this, makes me uneasy" Fakhir said softly

The name 'AMNA' itself was enough for Aini to recall each and every call which she had seen coming on Fakhir's phone after marriage, her coming and consoling him on her Bade Abbu's death and how he had cried for her when she was leaving for America.

She had at first made her displeasure visible in her actions and words, but it really didn't effect Fakhir... on the other hand, it caused banter between the two. Slowly as the time progressed, they both got entangled with issues at home, her Bade Abbu's health problem, school and everything... that Amna's matter shifted to the back burner.

However, Fakhir's condition on that night made it clear about his emotions and feelings for Amna, and there is nothing which she could do about it.

"I am not avoiding anything. I just don't have anything to say Fakhir... it's between you and Amna, I don't think I have any right to say..." but she was again cut off for the second time now

"Yes...it was not, before marriage... but I think now you have every right." His reply, surprised Aini

" His reply, surprised Aini