(34)

To all my Pakistani readers, I apologize before hand for any thing or description which might be not right. I have only seen these places on pictures or maybe in dramas.

And don't forget to highlight your favorite scene or dialogue by reacting or commenting about it... means a lot 🫶

🍀 TIP: Read slowly to savour the moments, don't rush 🙂

________________________________________________________________________________

.
.

The guest house being in the central locations of the city made it easier for them to explore around. They started their outing with the famous northern part of Lahore, the Hazuri Bagh Baradari, the center of the infamous quadrangle. Being the central point of an ensemble of monuments it gave them more fun in less time.

"Let's go Aini" Fakhir said, excited as he opened the door for her to come down of the car.

With the backpack on his back and Aini's hand in his, Fakhir made his way to the main location. The GPS helping him to reach their destination.

As they strolled through the Hazuri Bagh, Fakhir and Aini got surrounded by the historical charm of Lahore. The lush green gardens, the symmetrical architecture and the tranquil waterways provided a picturesque setting for their exploration.

"Do you know this was built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh, in the celebration of acquiring the Koh-i-noor from Shah Shuja" Aini told him, as they strolled through the spacious place of the Barahdari.

"Wow, so you did pay attention to the history lessons" Fakhir said, while clicking a picture of the amazing view of the scenery from one of the twelve doors they were standing in.

"Of course Fakhir, and since then I wanted to visit this place" Aini replied, a smile playing on her lips.

"Chalo let's move and visit Lahore Fort, yahin khade raho ge kya ab?" Aini said, as she took hold of his hand and both of them led their way to another iconic structure

They both took a rickshaw to get to the fort, otherwise all of their energy would have been drained by walking up to it.

Under the brilliant shinning sun, they found themselves standing at the entrance of the Lahore Fort, a historical treasure trove echoing tales of the historical era.

"Fakhir, just look at this. It's like stepping into a living history book" Aini said, amazed by the magnificent view

Fakhir, though excited same as her, scrunched his nose at her words... "Aini... khuda ka vasta hai, yahan bhi books leke mat aao tum"

"Duffer, hum konsa tumhe notes lene ko bol rahe hai... chalo ab" she said, and stepped ahead with Fakhir following behind

Hand in hand, they ventured into the fort getting emersed in the whispering stories of emperors and dynasties.

"Imagine the royals walking through these halls, adorned in silks and jewels" Fakhir said, as they strolled through the intricately designed halls and courtyards

"Right, sounds so fun and exciting" Aini marveled, as they walked among the white marble pavilion walls of Sheesh Mahal, mesmerized by the intricate mirror work that adorned the walls.

Fakhir even though was enjoying the monumental scenic beauty around him, but surprisingly for him the most enthralling view was of his over excited biwi.