(30)

Share your thoughts as you read—highlight a phrase or scene, by commenting or reacting to it and let's make it for fun
______________________________

"Here" Aini said, while keeping the cup of tea on the study table, where Fakhir was sitting with his eyes heavy with exhaustion, and a crease of frustration marked on his forehead.

"Aini" he called out to her, extremely tired "I don't think I can do this. I... I never have been that good in studies, you know that and now with office... it's too much for me"

Aini looked at him with worry, even she felt sad and concerned seeing him like this but, him not appearing for his board exams that would be more painful in the future.

She went towards him and ran her fingers through his hairs, making him release a deep sigh

"Fakhir, you can't back down and especially when you have been going on with this schedule for some time now. Just few more weeks and then we are done, don't worry about your result... just focus on your studies. Okay?" she said and slightly massaged his head.

Aini had talked with Sameena and her mother about him studying and appearing for the exams, and they promised to help out as much as they can. Nobody in the family knew about it, because with her phupho, Raheela Aunty and Abba... she was sure that someone or the other would create a problem and Fakhir already has too much on his plate.

Fakhir's whole day was set out, Office then dinner then studying for one or two hours daily. Aini had got notes for him, from her friends who had the same subjects as him and was keeping a check on him like a teacher.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Chand dikh gaya" Faiza shouted as she rushed inside to inform everyone

Aini and Fakhir also got up from the place and went towards her

"Come on, let's go to the terrace" Fakhir said, and the trio along with Salman and Simra rushed on the stairs

The crescent moon gave the sign of Ramadan, the holy month of prayer, charity, and abundant blessings. Aini looked at the moon, and immediately her hands raised in prayer. She sought guidance, strength, and blessings for her family, and especially for Fakhir, who was going through the challenging time of his life till now.

Aini prayed for patience and wisdom to navigate the challenges ahead and for an abundance of kindness and mercy during this sacred month. With each heartfelt plea, she hoped for a sense of peace, both within herself and in the world around her.

Fakhir looked up after completing his prayer and turned to find Aini still praying, making him chuckle.

When she finished, he raised an eyebrow and teased, "So, what exactly, were you asking for in there?"