(36)

350+ views on every chapter and not even 50 votes...

Bhai konsa badla le rahe hai aap sab, hum se ..??

_________________________________________________________________________

The clock showed 11:55 pm, as Aini tiptoed into the moon lit room, where Fakhir was sleeping soundly. She sighed in relief and turned towards the door and signaled someone to come inside.

In next minute or so, the room was filled with quite a few people... who were trying their best to not make any noise; however, one could hear the sound of whispering, something moving and rustling from the room.

"Hey" Aini whispered "are you all ready, just one minute left" she asked

"All set" came a reply from the dark

.
.

There were some more rustling sounds and as the clock struck midnight, light scattered across the room, followed a loud pop along with loud cheers and shouts of...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAKHIRRRR"

... filling the room with colorful confetti as it erupted from the cannon.

Fakhir, startled from his sleep, jolted upright in bed, his eyes wide with shock.

At first, he thought he was dreaming, but as his drowsiness faded away, he saw his Amma, Chachi, his friends, Phupha, Phuphi, Faiza and the youngest cousins... standing all around his bed, grinning from ear to ear.

The shock turned into a beaming smile as he was engulfed in a hug by his best friend Ahmed, and then the fist bumps and high-five along with the birthday wishes from everyone.

.

.

"Aini... le aao beta jaldi se" Sameena called out

"Ji Badi Ammi, aayi" came Aini's voice

Next moment, the crowd shifted and made way for Aini, who came forward with a cake in her hands. She smiled with an excited glint in her eyes and kept it in front of Fakhir, who was looking at her with sheer astonishment.

"Arrey Fakhir.... Bhabhi ko hi dekhte raho ge ya cake bhi cut karo ge" a friend of his said with a playful grin.

It made everyone laugh out and the two turned pink.

After the cake cutting and everything, Sameena hugged his son and showered him with prayers and wishes. This was his first birthday without his father and Dadi and he tried his best to not let the emotions overpower him... he felt grateful to see the cheerful and happy faces all around him, Alhumdulillah he truly was blessed with the best lot.

.

.

After some time, Aini entered the room, carrying a tray adorned with bowls filled with delectable cake slices for everyone. Fakhir and his friends were engrossed in animated conversation, laughter resonating in the air.

Upon spotting Aini, Fakhir instantly sprang to his feet, gallantly seizing the tray from her hands and graciously served the cake to his friends, ensuring everyone got their share.

Once the mission of cake distribution was accomplished, he returned the now-empty tray to Aini, after taking his share as well

As she made her way out, she heard a synchronized chorus of "Thank you, Bhabhi" echoing behind her.