(22)

With the cold winds of winter blowing out, it felt as if those winds seem to enter the Ahmed House as well... frosting over the relationships of the household.

The conflict because of the property and the business was creating a rift between the family members, making them stand against each other.

The amount of disturbance and chaos those files had caused in the home was too much. At first their disappearance, then their search which led the family members pointing fingers at each other and finally the grand reveal of where the files were; led to a shock for everyone.

The files were found in Habib and Raheela's room, who instantly opposed to each and every accusation put on them. The gravity of the situation was palpable, and it caused pain and hurt to Amma and the other family members as well. All of this shed light on the deteriorating family dynamics.

Amidst all these issues, Fakhir and Aini has somehow covered a distance and found a common ground. It has been days since Fakhir's explanation about his true feelings and relationship with Amna, and it caused a flicker of connection amidst their usual differences. A small step toward understanding and perhaps a new bond in making.

________________________________________________________________________________

Aini saw Fakhir entering the house, sneezing and coughing badly. She quickly put her notebooks aside and went to the kitchen and put the kettle on the stove to make tea for him, adding extra items so that it can help him with his sore throat.

"Aini" Fakhir called out when he didn't find her in the room

"Haan... coming" a voice came from the kitchen and after some time she entered with a cup of tea. Fakhir all changed now, was sitting with his phone in his hand.

"How did you know I needed this?" he asked taking the cup from her hands

"I just knew..." she gave him a small smile and started keeping away his things.

"Why did you get so late? Any problem in the office?" she asked

"Abhi nahi... let me have this first, warna puri chai ka zaiqa khatam ho jaye ga" his reply made Aini chuckle

"Tareef kar rahe ho?" she asked while taking a seat beside him

"Hmm... zayada ho gayi kya?" Fakhir asked with a mischief and it made both of them giggle.

"Well... to be honest, I had no idea that you can make this good tea... only I know how much I wanted some warm beverage, this cold of mine is really getting too much" and the sneeze which followed was the proof of his health condition.

"Really?" Aini asked with a mischievous glint in her eyes; and extending her right hand towards him she continued "where's the reward then?" she flexed her fingers and looked at him with awaiting eyes