(7)

Fakhir had not really accepted the fact that at the age of 16 years he will be getting married... to Aini and on top of that... he now has to share his room with her as well. This mere thought was making him all uneasy and uncomfortable; but the new furniture, her things being set by his mother, room's new setting was a proof that it was not a nightmare, but a reality, which he was not ready to face.

He was looking around when Sameena entered his room.

"Fakhir, you are still not ready. Come on, everyone is waiting for you." She ordered in haste and took out his white Shalwar-kameez and an off-white shawl with it; and went back muttering something about the sweets.

.

Aini felt like someone has dipped her in yellow paste, her whole attire was yellow and with that the yellow flower jewellery on it. She wondered... does a bride really needs to be this yellow on her mayun? And next second only it clicked her... did she just call herself a bride...?
A 15-year-old bride in 21st century; what type of a horror is this? She would have been in her own world for a long time, if Faiza and her sisters wouldn't have come to take her outside.

____________________________________________________________________________

The tunes of the music, along with the dhol and the cheerful faces of everyone were the only things which could be seen when you entered the hall

The tunes of the music, along with the dhol and the cheerful faces of everyone were the only things which could be seen when you entered the hall. But amidst all of this celebration, there were two kids sitting side by side on a swing who were looking extremely opposite of the fresh flowers all around them. Fakhir and Aini had looked at each other only once and couldn't muster the courage to look again at their future through each other's eyes.

.
.
.

Aini had enough of everything, first she had to sit through Mayun, then this mehndi on her hand has left her immobile to do anything and now the instruction from her dadi and phuphos that she would be directly changing into her 'nikah' joda tomorrow (how would she sleep in this dress...?) and lastly that she shouldn't be coming out of her room either, till the nikah is done.
She felt like a caged bird... her tempers were already all over the place because of this untimely wedding and now she has to endure all this as well because of it.

.
.

It was night time and Fakhir was roaming around trying to call Ahmed, but it seems like he is busy with something. Because of his aimless stroll he didn't realise that he was now standing outside the window of Faiza and Aini's room.

He peered through the window and found Aini still in that yellowy dress from the afternoon... with mehndi on her hands... he scrunched his nose at that; and saw that she sitting there all alone with a red face and puffy eyes. Was she crying?... was the first thought which came in his mind.
He stepped forward but then stopped himself, thinking... he himself was all fidgety and clueless, what will he say to her and... it's not like that she will listen to him. So, with that he retracted his steps and went towards his room.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Wedding is something which a couple looks forward to & are the happiest people of all on their big day; but unfortunately, it was not like this for the boy who was all groomed up in his black sherwani and the girl looking beautiful as a bride... a teen bride in her red & gold intricate lehnga & jewellery.

People say, that the time of the nikah is something extremely special for a girl; mixed with the feelings of sadness because of leaving her home and happiness of starting a new chapter of her life with the person she wants... but here Aini felt like she was not able to breath, she kept on looking at her mother with hope in her eyes but nothing changed.

Hakeem sahab asked for her consent and a girl who is known for her great discourse, took a lot more than her will & energy to say 'Qubool Hai' three times.

Fakhir was in a trans throughout his nikah, trying to escape the reality which was not looking anywhere that glittery and shiny the way the whole garden and stage looked. He was brought back from his daze when Hakeem Sahab asked for his consent and without hearing much or giving any attention to him, he gave his acceptance.

And these two consents... sealed the fate of two young kids, who had no idea of how the course of marriage runs.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for giving your time to this story.

Do give your reviews and don't forget to vote.

See you all next time. Bye :)