(6)

Fakhir and Aini hadn't talked with each other till now about the whole issue. Conversation between them has simmered down to zero, except the irritated, angry or sometimes awkward glances they gave to each other, whenever someone addressed them regarding the upcoming wedding.

The dates have been set, cards printed & all ready to send to guests, caterers booked, shopping almost done, house being set according to the wedding functions. One could feel a rush of energy with all the preparations going on in the Zaheer House, but no one was able see the spark and energy which had vanished from the eyes of the two kids, for whom all of this was being done for.

.
.

Fakhir had been ignoring Amna's call for the last two days, he had no idea how to inform her about the recent happenings of his house. They had been friends for the past two years, met because of a mutual friend and now became very close friends, in fact it's not just friendship which is between them. They have many things in common which made them share common grounds about many topics with each other; and Amna was not like anyone in his family, she was broadminded who listened and understood him very well. His thoughts were disturbed by the ring of his phone, he looked at the screen and sighed... AMNA.

He picked up the call and was bombarded with questions of all sort. It took him at least five solid minutes to calm her down and answer her questions, but now he was dreading to face the main issue and asked her to come to a café to explain everything to her.

On the other hand, Aini felt that she would go mad because of all the shopping, dress fittings, jewellery selection and everything that was going on. She had been ordered to sit at home and take a leave from school for a week... imagine a WEEK, she was going crazy thinking about the number of lessons and homework she would be missing in all this time when her midterm exams are just around the corner and especially dreading about going to school after her marriage.

.

.

The functions were all set as; Mayun on Thursday afternoon followed by Mehndi, then the main event on Friday and Walima on Saturday. Just two days were left before the functions will begin & she still haven't got any idea which can be fruitful enough to stop this madness.

________________________________________________________________________________

It was around nine when Fakhir returned home, and he saw Aini walking in the lawn with a sour mood. They haven't addressed the topic till now and he thought that it would be better if they did.

He walked up to her and was about to call her when she turned abruptly and both of them came face-to-face. For a second both of them were glued where they were standing and just looked at each other, thinking about when was the last time, they had any conversation with each other.

Aini came out of her daze and turned to go back to her room, but was stopped by Fakhir.

"We need to talk"

They both went and sat on the chairs kept outside, but none of them spoke a word.

Fakhir was about to say something when his phone chimed with a notification, he looked at it and sighed; making Aini look at him with question in her eyes.

"Amna" he mumbled softly.

"Umm... Fakhir. Why don't you talk with Bade Abbu... about you and Amna?" she said softly after a minute

Whereas, Fakhir looked at her as if she has lost it.

"Tum toh chahti hi yahi ho... ki do chaar joote aur padhe mujhe Baba se"

"So, you only tell me then, you... no... in fact... we both are not ready for this and on top of that, y... you like Amna. Where do I stand in all of this... and, I... I am telling you this in advance, I will not tolerate the same nonsense and behaviour which Amma had to face because of Abba." Aini clearly stated her point.

Fakhir slowly turned towards her and gave her a look of utter disappointment

"Are you mad or what? ... What has gotten into you?" He almost shouted at her "And... Did you just compare me with Chachu...really? Here I am trying my best to think of something or just run away from this marriage issue and you are thinking that I'll marry twice...wah Aini waah" he laughed and clapped, sarcasm dripping from his words and actions, and he continued...

"Moreover, you don't have to worry about that, because no matter how much I hate being with you... I am not like other men you think of. I had gone to meet Amna only today, to talk with her and maybe ask... if she is willing, but alas... she outright called me crazy and rejected me." He told her everything honestly.

Both of them sat there quietly for some time, not knowing what will happen in the future and being in an age where nothing really makes sense, their elders were making them tie up in a bond which needed attention, care, sense and matureness to deal with everything it comes with.

Aini stood up to leave before anyone catches them together and start another drama. But, Fakhir stopped her...

"One more thing, you should keep this in your mind... that whatever is happening, is not because I want to or I am very excited to have a wife like you. I don't want You to get any of your hopes up or you having any kind of expectations from me." Fakhir spoke as a matter of fact, while pointing a finger towards her.

"Oh please... come out of your dreams Mr. Fakhir, that I would be having any expectations from you. Since childhood I have tolerated you and your idiotic behaviour and because of this stupid decision I will have to endure You for the whole life now... so it would be better that you don't have any presumption of me being at your beck and call... behaving like an ideal wife." Aini also made herself clear

"It's the same for me as well" Fakhir said to her

"Good for you... no scratch that, good for both of us." Aini responded with same attitude and stood up... again, to go inside.

"Wait" Fakhir called her back by pulling her pony "bhaghi kyun ja rahi ho... puri baat toh karne do."

Aini groaned and said "Bolo"

"Listen... I want to clear one more thing." He stepped towards her, making her stretch her neck to look up at him as he said in a calm, composed and clear voice while looking at her very seriously... "I am not Habib Chachu, so never ever get this in your mind... that I would do what he did with Aayesha Chachi. Okay"

And with that he went away, leaving Aini rooted on her spot. 
____________________________________

Thank you for giving your time to this story

Do give your reviews and don't forget to vote.

See you all next time. Bye :)