(35)

🚨 Dear Readers 🚨

Due to my exams our regular posting schedule might sway a bit. However, fear not, I will continue to post at least once a week (for this month) In Sha Allah
Thank you for your support 🫶

________________________________________________________________________

As May bid farewell, June ushered in as a new chapter, bringing in a lot of things which could potentially alter the course of Aini and Fakhir's lives.

As the echoes of their Lahore trip settled into cherished memories, Fakhir resumed his responsibilities at the office, immersing himself in the new orders and their preparation. The shipment had arrived on the said date and with it came more hours in the office and meetings.

Aini, on the other hand, returned to the world of household chores and daily tasks, her hands busy with the intricacies of domestic life. The fragrance of home-cooked meals, clean home, washed and ironed clothes, a testament of her daily schedule.

In the midst of their busy routine, the air was thick with anticipation, of their metric exam results which might be coming any time soon.

Aini being nervous was an understatement, because this result of hers will make sure in which college she lands in, and secondly the jittery feelings were also because of Fakhir's result... who himself was least concerned about it, at the moment.

____________________

.
.

Fakhir was in his room, getting ready for the office when he heard his name being called... and then again. He was confused, as to what happened but, the next moment only, the door swung open and with a burst of energy and excitement Aini entered the room.

"Aini... kya hoga..." but he was cut off by a force which made him stagger back.

Aini has enveloped him in a tight hug, momentarily catching him off guard.

"Aini, what happened?" Fakhir asked, while breaking the hug

"Fakhir, you won't believe what just happened" She exclaimed

"Aini, bol bhi do yaar" he said getting impatient

Aini, handled him the mobile phone and told him to see for himself. Fakhir quickly took hold of the device and examined it.

There was pin drop silence in the room for some time only, because the next moment a surprised scream came out of Aini's mouth.

"Aini... main pass ho gaya" Fakhir exclaimed, while twirling Aini around in a joyous whirl.

"F... Fakhir, Ya Allah... mujhe neeche utharo" she said, while holding his shoulders tightly, her hairs flowing like a whirlwind... but even in this state, she felt so happy that her heart swelled with affection.

After a moment, he gently set her back down, their eyes locked in a shared moment of pure happiness. Fakhir in his euphoric state, cupped her face and leaned down to kiss her, when...

"Aini" came a concerned call, making them jump apart

"Aini... gudiya" Aayesha came in panting, along with Sameena behind her.

"Why did you scream right now, haan?" Sameena asked, tension on her face.

"Uhh, Badi Ammi... m- main?" Aini asked, her cheeks still warm and it was surely not because of the June weather