(19)

Sameena was sitting in her room looking the picture which was mounted on the wall, when Fakhir came inside for some work. He saw her mother and he himself felt a wave of sadness and emptiness pass through him.

"He looked so happy when this picture was clicked" Sameena spoke up and Fakhir draped his hand on his mother's shoulder giving her extra warmth in these early days of November.

"Yes, but do you remember, how much he had scolded me at first because I kept asking him to change to another kurta for the anniversary photo." Fakhir chuckled while remembering the days... when he had his father with him, for his support and guidance.

"Do you know, your Baba and I were around the same age as you and Aini, when we got married. It was so new, confusing and haunting for me... new home, new people, new responsibilities and most importantly new relationships which needed time, patience and effort." Sameena smiled while reminiscing her past days.

"But... if Zaheer would not have been with me, helping me, guiding me at that time; all of this would have become a lot more tough and challenging than it already was. He always said... 'Sameena... ek baar main ek kaam karo, waqt do... samjho aur dekho, sab theek ho jaye ga'; th...this support from Zaheer slowly became my strength and with time I understood the intricacies of our relationship and along with it handled the whole house" a tear rolled down from Sameena's eyes.

Fakhir felt proud and happy while listening to his parents story... it made him unconsciously compare his own marriage with his parents. Neither they got married in the right age... nor anything was going smoothly.

"Fakhir" Sameena called out "I know you may be thinking that your Baba was always so strict and sometimes a little harsh with me, but let me tell you... he shouldered responsibilities way before he could understand and comprehend everything. He knew what was necessary and how it should have been done; hmm... but yes, his decision of your marriage" she sighed "this I couldn't understand. But I pray that you both could understand and respect each other in this relationship... because Fakhir, even if there is no liking or love between two persons... but they care, respect and understand each other; it is much more than anything."

Fakhir was listening to her Amma with all his concentration and try to grasp the meaning behind all of it.

"Your Baba was surely a person with a strict personality, but never in our whole marriage... he ever ridiculed or thought small of our relationship." She explained, hoping it might help his son in anyway in his own married life.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Aini was sitting with Faiza, Simran and Salman in the living room; she was helping them with their homework and alongside doing her own work

"Aini, this equation is not looking right." Faiza asked, passing her math notebook towards her sister