Chapter Four

JAREK

The blinding light dims to a soft silver-blue hue. I can’t decipher what the hell I’m looking at. It is indeed Annalise. I can make out her facial features, however, it’s almost like she’s transparent. I’m able to view the clouds behind her, through her. It makes sense now. She’s an extraterrestrial with enormous wings. Her ears were never a wolf’s, but that of an alien.

Mom, Xillon, and Cadance, our pack doctor, arrive in wolf form. The clothes dangling from their mouths fall to the ground in heaps as they take in the sight before them. Pack members stare in stunned silence. The creature is around ten feet tall, slim, with taut muscles. Her straight silver hair glistens like thousands of diamonds are interwoven within and reach the ground. Her hypnotizing silver eyes seem to have a smoldering fire within, that could smolt all of us. She’s so radiant, more so than I have ever seen.

“Bow down before your princess.”

Her bombing voice is like that of the rushing waters of a waterfall that pierces our ears. We all fall to our knees, screaming in pain and clutching our ears.

She crouches on all fours, and the blinding light resurfaces, and we shift into our wolves. A piercing howl emerges from every wolf in the pack. I am utterly blinded and left in darkness, lost in Trex’s mind. I tried to reach out to him, but my questions for him went unanswered. Wolves continue to howl and whimper, letting me know I am not the only one going through this.

A beautiful melody surrounds us, and then an enchanting voice sings softly as the wind picks up and jostles our fur. It’s so soothing that he lays down and descends into a profound slumber, leaving me lost in the far recesses of his mind.

***

I wake up yelling, drenched in sweat. Glancing around, I see that my surroundings have changed. I’m no longer on the training grounds, but in my bed. Throwing off the covers, I notice I’ve changed from my gym shorts into my boxer shorts I typically wear to sleep in. It was all a dream. No. This makes little sense. It was so real. There is no way this was merely a dream. She is an alien, an enchantress, and she’s more so a freak than I ever thought. She will be the pack’s downfall.

Climbing out of bed, I squint at the bright sunlight coming from the open shutters. My heads pounding like they have drugged me. Did I drink last night? I can’t remember. I remember dad whooping my ass, though, for nearly killing her ass and almost leaving her stranded in that tree. The name Silver suits her more now than it had before. She does not get the privilege of being called by her given name. Not by me, ever. She’s a freak from the depths of hell that made me have this horrific dream. Was it a vision? Perhaps the moon goddess Selene blessed me with a premonition. Who in their right mind has random dreams like that?

Treading towards my dresser, I pull on some black sweats and a white t-shirt. Striding to my bedroom exit, I roll my eyes dramatically at the noise of her hair dryer blasting. Unquestionably, that was the noise that aroused me from that crazy, believable dream. I walk into the hallway and over to her room, next to mine. Test the knob to see it is unlocked and slam the door open.

Her heart-shaped ass greets me because she’s bent over, drying her long, dark brunette locks. She glares at me from between her legs as she continues to dry her hair. I huff a breath, crossing my arms to let her know I’m staying put.

When she notices I am not leaving, she turns the dryer off, sets it on her desk, tosses her locks over her shoulders as she stands up, and sighs.

“What do you want, Jarek? I don’t have time for this. Mom is waiting for me.”

“She’s not your mom. This pack isn’t where you belong. You’re a freak from hell. Possessing a wolf is necessary to be classified as a wolf, therefore, you can’t be one. You are an alien witch hybrid!”