Trinity of Entanglement Sixteen

FINLEY

Annalise is packed with alpha-female adrenaline. Xillon should stop taking it so easily on her. She needs more of a challenge. I can tell by the way her face scrunches up in annoyance from time to time. It’s only been a month since she gained her wolf. But she has already grown a couple of inches in height and her muscles have grown more taught. Damn, she’s gorgeous with sweat glistening off her sun-kissed skin. The sports bra and spandex workout shorts she has on leave little to the imagination. She’s stealthy as hell, too. Wish I could get a go at sparring with her.

I’m brought out of my daze when Dante’s foot collides with my chin. Flying through the air only to land a few mere feet away from Annalise and Xillon. Halting their sparring section. She glances my way, only to come running over to me and starts fussing over me, like she’s my mother or something.

“Are you alright, Finley? My goodness, that’s going to leave a mark for sure! Dante! Get your butt over here and help me get him to Cadance.”

Swatting her hands away from my face, I grin the best that I can with a broken jaw. Through gritted teeth, and with hardly legible words, say, “I’m fine. Get me some frozen meat and I’ll be right as rain.” Then close my eyes when the world spins.

“Sorry, Finley, but I could hardly take in what you just said. Try to relax and we’ll get you to Cadance.”

I can’t believe I just made a complete and utter fool of myself. It’s been a month of pure agony. Trying to keep my distance from Annalise. Watching her and Xillon, frolic around with each other, has been torture.

I’ve poured all of my sweat and angst into constructing the massive fortress where the ancient crescent moon pack royals, the leaders’ families and royal omegas will live. We’ve also built separate housing to accommodate the pack warriors and their families. The blood moon howler pack residents have helped, of course. We wouldn’t have been able to pull everything off in what little time we had otherwise.

***

Alpha Gabriel acquired a couple of massive shuttles and we’ve just arrived at the airport to retrieve the second-in-command pack leaders and their families, As well as their omega’s, and several of the ancient crescent moon pack warriors and their families.

The anticipation of finally being able to hold my Lorna has my blood pumping furiously. She was my first and has been the only she-wolf I’ve surrounded myself with. We have been together in a relationship for the past four years. She and I have hoped that we would be mates. We agreed with one another to reject our mates, if fate was not on our side. But now that Annalise is in the picture, and is most likely my fated mate. I don’t know if I’ll be able to reject her when the time comes.

Our gazes collide and Lorna bounds over to me screeching with happiness, “Finley! I’ve missed you so much!”

She jumps into my arms. I pull her up to straddle my hips as she flings her arms around my neck. Our lips crash together feverishly. She allows me access for our tongues to mingle and, for a moment, I feel like I’ve taken flight.

Breaking the kiss, I nuzzle my nose to hers, and whisper, “A month was way too long being apart from you, Lorna. I’ll never be away from you that long, ever again.”

“We better get going, Finley. The longer we keep everyone from getting loaded, the longer it’ll take before we can, uh… I’m in desperate need of you.”

Her cheeks flushed as she nibbled her bottom lip. My joy turned to apprehension. What if she meets her mate, as I’ve met mine? There have been two girls in my fantasies over the last month. That I hate to say it, but have used to pleasure myself and keep myself from going insane. Is that a form of cheating? Will Lorna be able to tell the difference in me, now that I’ve met Annalise?