Chapter Twenty-Eight

ZANE

“What the fuck?” I yell and punch Dante with such power he flies back and lands with a thud on the ground. The fucker was snapping his fingers and yelling in my face. Never catch a gamma by surprise like that. Groaning in annoyance, I blink my dry, gritty eyes until Dante comes into better focus.

“I’ll forgive you for that, but solely this once, Zane. You need to assist me in waking everyone up. Everyone in the pack is enchanted. No, I need you to lend a hand with my father. He is the only one who will have answers. Hell, I don't know.”

“What the hell are you talking about, Dante? And why is it dark when it was just light out? Why the hell are you the one awake when everyone else around here is staring into space?”

“They’re all under a spell dumb ars! Didn’t you hear what I said a moment ago? We don’t have time for this. We must wake my father and Alpha Max. You’ll have the answers soon enough.”

“It was Silver, wasn’t it? She did all of this, right?”

“What? No, you arrogant ars. She’s under the spell as well. I took her up to Xillon’s room, where she would be safe,” Dante says as he searches for his father in the crowd.

“Her wolf’s a freak of nature. I wouldn’t consider it unlikely for her to have done all this. She fucked up somehow and put herself under as well,” I say, with my arms firmly crossed over my chest.

“Get your ars over there and help me with Alpha Max!” He yells and starts yelling in his father’s face to snap him out of his trance. To appease the guy, I walk over to Alpha Max and do everything in my power to pull him from his haze.

Within a few moments, both men came too, and we made our way towards Alpha Max’s study. Dante recounts all that happened to him and Silver in the forest and I still have a hard time believing that she had nothing to do with this.

“Gregor’s words are true, son. He was the firstborn, but we cast him out of the pack because of his evil demeanor. Not because he couldn’t find his mate. He was an oppressive ruler and caused many conflicts that were unnecessary for the kingdom. He was a rapist and a murderer as well. He raped women, children and men. He would burn their bodies after he had his way with them, to silence them. And also so his scent would be untraceable. A child made it out alive and that’s how we could put two and two together.”

“I wasn’t aware there was a kingdom overseas. I thought we had the largest pack, and we considered Alpha Max to be the Alpha King. This fucker is after Silver and we should do something about this quick before things get out of hand.”

“No shifter in America is aware of us, other than the Alpha’s and their heir’s. It has been this way for several centuries. Gregor craves dominion over the entire world. He wants to eliminate humans altogether and all shifters who will not follow him. That was his wish before we cast him out of the kingdom. He’s been in hiding for almost two centuries. No one has found him. Now we know where Gregor is located. He must be stopped.”

‘That fucker’s mate embody Silver. I’ll crush him under my paws. We must protect our mate. Get over your shit, Zane. She is not the enemy.’

‘I know, damn it. This is all so much to take in. I won’t let her out of my sight from this day forward.’

“I’ll be making my way back soon, Alpha. I’m positive you all understand the great need for me to monitor my mate and ensure she is safe.” I bow my head respectfully to the two Alpha’s and leave.

Shifting once outside, Janus and I sprint to the pack house. Shifting back into my human skin, I burst open the front door and sprint up the stairs, taking two at a time to reach Silver as fast as I can.