Chapter Nineteen

ANNALISE 

‘Oh wow! You are gorgeous, Larrisa. I never would have guessed. Thank you for bringing me here.’

‘Annalise, you are beautiful. We are one and together we are extremely powerful. As you have already figured out; we can read minds. Our speed is superior to that of a normal werewolf, and we possess the power to heal. Amongst many other qualities that you, including in your human skin, can access. Keep watching the water. I would like to show you something.’

Suddenly our wings disappear, our fur becomes black, with grey and brunette undertones. My orbs, however, are the only things on my person beyond the silver crescent moon on my forehead that haven’t changed, as they stay all three hues - silver, gold and sky-blue.

‘So I can be normal, like everybody else. Don’t get me wrong, Larrisa, I love our wolf. I’m just tired of being considered a freak. You heard what everyone was saying back there. Not so much Xillon, but Zane and Jarek were the worst. How do they not recognize us as their mates, but their wolves Xavier, Trex and Janus do? Why do I have a silver crescent moon on my forehead? My apologies. I have numerous questions.’

‘Not at all, Annalise. There are several secrets I cannot disclose to you just yet. The Moon goddess Selene has forbidden it. As all three of them proclaimed, the moment for the connection between mates has not arrived. Two years must go by before the mate bond develops for them in their human aspects. Their wolves can push them all they want, but it won’t alter the outcome. Xillon recognizes the mate bond, but he is the only one that deserves to be recognized as our mate. Jarek and Zane, though, must gain the right to become our mate. We won't make it simple for them. Like I said, I want to castrate them.’

‘As would I, Larrisa. Will I be capable of recognizing Xillon as my mate when I am in my human body? I also inquired about the crescent moon adorning my forehead. Or is that something you cannot disclose with me yet?’

‘I cannot divulge the truth behind the crescent moon on your forehead. The moment is coming soon, though. Practice patience, dear one. As far as being able to recognize Xillon as your mate in human form. Yes, you will recognize him as your mate. But even he must work towards gaining your trust and love.’

‘Why was I born a freak? Or an abomination, as Jarek and Zane have proclaimed my whole life? You have been with me all along, have you not? Why wait until I was sixteen to manifest?’

Before Larrisa answered, Xavier and Trex slam to a halt on each side of us, their tongues hanging out, breathing harshly. Xavier’s scent of pine and citrus wafts in our direction first and my pussy pulses with the need to have him inside me. Then, Trex’s fragrance of cedar and mint hit us, and I felt like I was about to combust. They each sniff our cunt and growl at each other, then rub their bodies against us. Once they had gotten their pheromones dusted along our fur, they rubbed their noses into our nape before walking to the lake that lies before us and getting a drink.

Larissa walks up between them and does the same, then we all lay down to rest before going on our hunt. Trex and Xavier both whimper in delight as they each put a single paw and their heads on top of our neckline.

‘We need to collaborate so we might capture her. Stay low and out of sight. You circle around on the left and I’ll head to her right.’

‘I think we should let them capture us now. They are unaware that we can pick up on all they say. Also, slow our speed, so they have a better chance of chasing us down,’ I say, through the mind link and chuckle.

‘But we’ve been having so much fun. You are right, Annalise. We need to be hunting for our prey instead of having our mates hunt us. At this rate, we’ll never make it back to the pack house with our food. There’s a buck, right over that rise,’ Larissa says as she slowly takes us towards it. ‘They’re coming.’ She says, snickering.