Chapter Thirty-Three

TAMAEL

All around me there is nothing but chaos, roars coming from wolves and screams coming from those who are fighting in human form. So far, I’ve been able to seek everyone Annalise holds dear. Even her friends Xena and Zariah fared well. I’ve kept her mates close and pushed Annalise and Larissa deep within the dreamscapes to keep their heat from attracting unwanted attention. I’ve killed several rogues and continue to search for Zane and his wolf, Janus, but don’t have a clue where they may be.

Gregor, the mastermind behind this charade, also seems to be missing from the enemy. I hope to seek him out and kill him myself. Under no circumstances is he to come out of all of this unscathed. He is the reason I’m on the earthly plane to begin with. I’ve known my mission before Annalise was ever born. It’s been finding him that has been the most difficult, being within the confines of a human, ancient wolf shifter who’s a baby and then later on growing into a beautiful young woman.

What that demon hasn’t figured out yet is that he was adamant on committing incest by raping and impregnating his very own daughter. Yes, that’s right. Annalise’s birth mother was mostly human with very little wolf in her blood that was raped by Gregor and left to die. He should have made sure she was dead before disappearing from existence. Once Annalise was born, I was able to mind control her mother into dropping her off at the border of the Blood Moon Howler Pack and she was left with no memories of what had transpired between her and Gregor.

It’s my fault Annalise has four mates. Who her true destined mates are will not be made known until she turns eighteen? My mission is to kill Gregor and make sure everyone who is following him joins him in purgatory, and then I’m to leave Annalise and Larissa to live their lives free of my existence.

I altered her life forever when I embodied her soul, but it had to be done. She’ll be happy to find that her wishes of being normal will come to pass soon, but she will always have ancient blood coursing through her system and the crescent moon on her forehead.

Sniffing the air as I slay yet another rogue shifter, I catch Janus’s scent and glance to my right. He’s fighting off ten rogue shifters. Glancing past him, I see Gregor in his human skin, sneaking up on Janus with a sword as big as his person, gripped within his hands. That’s when I realize Gregor knows I’m here and who I am.

Zadrial must have disclosed the information before being taken away. Someone should execute her, but we don’t always get what we want. Three hundred years isn’t near enough for her. She’s just as manipulative and corrupt as her twin soul.

Closing my eyes, I concentrate on Gregor’s location. It’s been so long since I have teleported, I hope I haven’t grown rusty. A searing pain shoots through my ribs, glancing I see that I have not been injured. Xavier, Trex, and Titan are also unharmed and still engaged in battle.

I didn’t make it to him in time to save him. Janus falls from view as a mighty gargled growl forces its way through his lungs and he crumples to the ground. Our souls are connected, so his pain and the weaning of his life force course through my system.

Suddenly I’m standing before Gregor in my angelic form. Mother’s going to be upset, but she’ll forgive me in the end when this traitorous soul crusher is dead and living out his life in purgatory.

Screaming so loudly, I’m sure there must be some busted eardrums for those who are near. I pluck the sword from Gregor’s hands.

“Die, you evil bastard! Enjoy your life living in purgatory, because that’s where you’re headed!”

Gregor’s eyes bug out, and he shifts, but that doesn’t save him. His wolf’s head rolls down a hill as his body shakes on the ground.

I pull Janus’s body from the ground, pull him into my lap and transport us to a large thicket within the woods, hoping I could heal him and get us back out to fight.