Trinity of Entanglement Three

ANNALISE

‘I’m taking us to the lake so we can see what has my parent’s in an uproar. Food will need to come afterwards, Larissa.’

‘There are no complaints coming from me. That one human thought we were gorgeous. He’s scrumptious. I would love to have a taste of him.’

Shaking my head, I chuckle and if I weren’t in my lupine form; I know I would be scarlet right about now. ‘That human’s name is Zane. He’s one of my best friends. We went beyond friendship last night and I don’t know if things will ever be the same between us now.’

‘What about the other one, who was also fawning over us? His wolf was talking about pouncing on us and making us his. I’d let him own us all night long. Those grey eyes of his lured me in from first sight. He’s downright sexy and damn…’

‘His name is Xillon. We aren’t as close as Zane and I are, but we are good friends as well. I’ve been hot for him for a while now. Don’t be getting any idea, though. I’m saving myself for our mate.’

‘Oh, come on now. There’s no harm in having a little fun until then.’

‘Now I completely understand why girls can’t hold out for their mates. But I will Larissa, so, no. There will be no romping in the sheets any time soon. We’re almost there.’

Coming to a halt, Larissa and I slowly stride towards the lake’s edge and peer downwards to glimpse ourselves. The beautiful crescent moon, which is the shade of my eyes, was the first thing that came into view. And unlike most wolf shifters, my eyes have remained sky blue instead of gold. Slowly turning around, I take note that my wolf is slightly larger than your average female wolf shifter. I’ve never had the privilege of meeting an ancient werewolf, so I suppose that’s where our size comes from. Our fur is black as midnight, however our tail and paws are grey. Grey and Auburn undertones highlight the darkness, which is quite mesmerizing.

‘No wonder Xillon and Zane were so taken with you. You’re absolutely stunning, Larrisa. So we are a part of the ancient bloodline, and if what my dad says is correct, we also have alpha blood coursing through our veins. I’m not sure how I feel about possibly being the daughter of a lunatic rapist and murderer, though. At least we know he’s deceased and unable to bring harm to anyone else.’

‘I wouldn’t think too much about it, Annalise. The answers will come when needed. Let’s just bask in our awesomeness and fetch some fresh kill.’

‘Sounds like a plan to me. They will prepare a feast from what we bring back. Of course, we won’t be able to have it until after everyone else shifts. You came early, and we missed out on the shifter ceremony. But that’s okay. This way, we can take a nap and shift with Xena and Zariah later. I can’t wait for you to meet them and their wolves. You’ll love them. They are the best.’

***

Larissa and I hunted a few rabbits and a squirrel before hunting our prey to bring back to the pack. We killed us a decent sized doe. It was hard to keep ourselves from devouring it as we trotted back to the pack house. But we’ve managed so far.

‘Look, there’s Xena and Zariah. They came to meet you. I see Xillon and Zane haven’t left either. That other guy with the black hair standing with them is my brother, Jarek. He is to be the next alpha in a couple of years. Xillon will become the beta of the pack and Zane will be gamma.’

‘A beta would do nicely for us, don’t you think? Gammas are fierce warriors, so I wouldn’t mind that either. I hope either Xillon or Zane will be our mate. I like them both. Especially Xillon and his wolf. They want us bad. But he’s like you. Saying he’s holding out for his mate. Zane has experience and could give us what we need. Too bad he fears you, just as much as he wants you…’