Chapter Twenty-Six

ANNALISE 

I haven’t laid eyes on Dante much, or my mates, since Dante’s arrival a week ago. Xillon and Jarek have mostly been stolen from me by Dante, and the only occasion I have seen them is during their delegated nights. With school during the day and training every evening and then Xillon and Jarek taking up all my free time at night, I’ve had little time to myself.

Dante said that he’s been coming to my cave for three days now. If so, where were Xillon and Jarek if they weren’t with him? Dante still hasn’t told me where he’s from. Everything he says is cryptic. I’m not convinced if it’s safe to put my faith in his true identity. I’m reluctant to stay out here, a long way from my mates with somebody I’m not familiar with. I’m sure between Larissa and me we could rip him a new asshole if he were to try anything. Hell, I could rip him to shreds without Larissa’s help.

‘Larissa, be on your guard and be ready to shift at the earliest indication of anything shady, okay? Dante is hot, yes, but we don’t know the first thing about him. Hell, we don’t even know where he’s from. I can’t shake the feeling that I know him from somewhere, though. Like I’ve seen him before. I know that’s crazy.’ I tell Larissa as Dante walks deep into the forest carrying a backpack along with him.

‘You may not want to believe me, but he is our mate. He will not hurt us.’

‘Yeah, you keep saying that, you crazed horn dog.’

‘You know you love it, Annalise.’

‘I feel like a slut. Be mindful that I was a virgin until a week ago. My mates have been my tormentors all my life. Yet I can’t keep myself from jumping Xillon any chance I get. I’m just glad we are on the same page when it comes to Zane.’

‘No doubt about that. He better stay the hell away from us. I’ll reject him, then cut off his dick and shove it down his throat when he is most vulnerable.’

‘Oh, my gosh, and I thought I was crazy and had a vivid imagination. He sure is making a lot of noise out there. Are we going to show him our true wolf nature, or the black one?’

‘Let’s wait and see what he’s hiding and go from there, Annalise.’

After what seemed to take forever, Dante’s wolf Titan surfaces with his head held high. His bright green eyes met with mine and my heart skipped a few beats and then started pounding harshly inside my chest. He has a sapphire crescent Moon on his forehead, and relief washes over me.

A darkness consumes me and when I wake I’m staring at two men with a woman buried between them engaged in the throes of passion. Realizing that this must be a vision, I walk closer to see who the three individuals are.

After further inspection, I see that the woman has a striking resemblance to me. Her eyes, however, are a brilliant Sapphire blue, much brighter than how mine once were with Jade green coming from the pupil. Her hair is longer and thicker than my own and is a deep chestnut color.

The man below her looks shockingly like Dante. From what I can make out, he looks to be bulkier and his hair is more of a dark auburn than fiery red, as it is now. When he opens his eyes to send a silent warning to the woman and the man above him, that he’s on the brink of release. I observe that his eye’s color is similar to that of the woman’s.

The man on top pounding away at the poor woman’s butt hole grins and starts moving faster inside her. He slaps her ass and looks right at me as if he knows that I’m here. I would know those eyes and that face anywhere. I’m gazing directly into the eyes of Zane himself. Matching orbs, same mane, and everything.

I blink my eyes and groan when a giant slobbery tongue slides from one cheekbone to the other. What the hell just happened? Titan whimpers and nudges my shoulder with his snout, then licks me again. I figure I must have passed out, because I’m stretched out on the ground.