Chapter Thirty-One

ZANE

A zap of energy goes straight to my soul and awakens something within me that has lain dormant for thousands of years and a flash of memories from lifetimes ago flash before my eyes within an instant. Annalise must be experiencing the same thing, for she has gone still on top of me as we gaze into each other’s orbs.

“Soul of my soul, we are together again. It’s been so long. I have missed you Zacharael.”

“And I, you soul of my soul.”

“Where is Araqiel? This doesn’t feel right without him here with us.”

“He is hunting to provide food for you and the pack, my love.”

“I must go. Annalise and Larrisa need all of their strength, and it takes a lot of energy from them when I come to the surface. Know that I am always here, one with Annalise’s wolf, Larissa.”

I wake from the momentary trance I was under, and Annalise goes limp and falls unconscious on my chest. My cock still buried inside her. I rise, pull her from me and lay her down. I yank one of my dirty shirts from the pile, pull it over her and spoon her. She sighs contentedly and soon she’s in a deep slumber and I follow closely behind her.

XILLON

She’s still asleep with Zane holding her protectively. How he got into her good graces, I can’t seem to fathom? Can’t really talk. We’ve all treated her like shit through the years. I suppose we are all lucky she’s warmed up to us.

Laying on the other side of her, I bring her up as gently as possible to not wake her and drape her leg and arm, as well as her head over my torso and chest. She whimpers, then a light snore comes as she falls back asleep.

“How did you all fare with the hunt?” Zane whispers as he adjusts himself to fit behind Annalise so she can have our combined warmth.

“Good. Jarek and Dante will arrive soon. They are in meetings with the royals, Alpha Max, and Luna Celestia.”

“Know that I did not mark her or mate her Xillon. Well, I fucked her because she didn’t give me a choice, but I didn’t knot her, is what I’m trying to say. I wasn’t going to touch her. Was trying to do the right thing, but her heat came on her so quickly. Believe it or not, I rejected her, at first. But she was going to put herself at risk by going to search for you all. So I gave in and gave her what she needed. You should be the first to mark her and mate her Xillon. You are her favorite out of all of us.”

“None of us are worthy, Zane.”

“Bullshit. For the better part of a year now, and even during the forgotten time, you were always there for her. Janus has been kicking my ass this whole time and still I continued on. She can hear people’s thoughts and mine have not been…”

“Chill out, man. You’re going to wake her.”

“When I arrived, she attacked me again. But Tamael was at the surface. I saw things, man. Crazy things. It was like I was someone else, too. She was speaking to my soul through her eyes, man. Hell, I don’t know. You know she, Dante and me are all aspects of the same soul, right? Isn’t that fucking bizarre? She called me Zacharael and Dante is Araqiel.”

“I don’t know what to say, man. Things happen for a reason. You’ll have no hatred coming from me, alright. She needs our protection, and that’s what we will provide. Who knows how this mating thing is going to progress? We’re here to provide for all of her needs and monitor her, to ensure she hasn’t been possessed again. I’ve been able to catch snippets from the forgotten time. No one knew then, but I had an idea something was up. I’ll know if something changes inside her.”