Trinity of Entanglement Fourteen

FINLEY

‘Are you going to be able to keep your paws to yourself? Or do I need to stay in and not go on the pack run, Nox? You can not touch Annalise, or her wolf Larissa. Do you understand me? It is her wish for us to stay away from her.’

‘I’m not making any promises. She is our mate, Finley.’

‘She is merely sixteen years old. Once I turn eighteen in a few months, I would be forbidden to touch her, Nox. There are some human laws we shifters abide by. We are not permitted to touch her until she turns eighteen. That’s two years. By then our true mate would be revealed. There will be no further arguments on the subject. Am I being clear enough for you? Or would you like to see us being thrown in the dungeon and being shackled with silver?’

‘That would not happen if we were to give proof that she is our mate, Finley.’

Growling with frustration, I practically rip my formal wear to pieces and fling the contents to the ground. Shaking my head, I try to rid myself from my anger towards my wolf. He’s not thinking clearly and lust has taken control of his thoughts. Not that my thoughts haven’t gone in the gutter, but at least I’m thinking clearly enough to know that what he’s wanting with Annalise is wrong. Not only does she have a boyfriend, but she’s only sixteen.

‘We’re staying indoors. You were let out for a run this afternoon, Nox. I can’t trust you at this point not to do something stupid that we would both regret later.’

‘I’ll keep my paws to myself. It would satisfy me enough to be able to see her wolf. You know you want to see Larissa for yourself. The thought was in your mind to follow them earlier this afternoon to catch a glimpse. But you were too cowardly to do so, Finley.’

Quickly rummaging through all the luggage that I failed to unpack today, I plucked some gym shorts from the bottom of the fourth suitcase and pulled them on. Was supposed to have unpacked, but passed out instead. To keep myself from going out to search for Annalise and her wolf. Guess it was a good thing I stayed in or I would have come across her and Xillon getting it on.

Yet another reason I must stay away from her. But what I really want to do is kill Xillon for leaving those horrendous marks on her sunkissed flesh. What the hell was he thinking?! Not even I would do something so barbaric. No matter how much I wanted other males to stay away.

‘Fine, we’ll go. But we’re sticking with our crowd.’

‘Thought the point of this pack run was to acquaint ourselves with the blood moon howler pack and familiarize ourselves with the pack's territory.’

‘Do you want to go or not, Nox? If so, keep your thoughts to yourself from now on. I’ll let you out for the run, but I’m not allowing you to take complete control.’

‘My jaws are sealed.’

***

‘How are we to stick with our crowd, if our crowd is hanging all over girls from the blood moon howler pack, Finley? More so, what are your thoughts on Calissa hanging all over Alpha Max's son, Jarek?’

Clenching my fists in anger, I search the crowd for Annalise. It was nice to see her off to the side conversing with Alpha Gabriel. Further inspection showed that Xillon wasn’t amongst the others. In fact, he’s nowhere to be found.

‘Suppose Alpha Max whipped Xillon’s ass. He doesn’t seem to be around anywhere,’ I said while closing in on Calissa and the group of teenagers all conversing with one another.

‘Wouldn’t blame him one bit if he had punished him in some way. Those marks were hideous. On her neck, I’m a wolf so I could understand. But all over her chest, that was uncalled for.’