Trinity of Entanglement Seventeen

XILLON

A flood of relief courses through my system when Finley comes in carrying his girlfriend. No longer will I need to worry about him moving in on my girl. It’s been hard keeping Xavier below the surface. I’ve caught both him and Annalise’s lingering looks at one another throughout this passing month. They have, however, stayed away from one another.

Finley got what was deserving of him yesterday, when he got knocked out by Dante. No doubt he was having one of those fleeting moments of being mesmerized by my girlfriend. His wolf, Nox, must really love him. Because he looked blasted awful yesterday. I should know. For I was the one to help get him to Cadance’s residence. Scoffing the whole way because Annalise was fussing over him, trying to get him to wake up.

Xavier perks up. Tail wagging, Xavier pranced around like a canine who had just been given a bone. ‘No more worries about that fool claiming our mate!’

‘Suppose you might be right, Xavier.’

All was well and right in the world until a growl forced its way through Annalise’s throat. Then all hell seemed to break loose all within mere moments. I did my best not to check out the girl as she leaped from Finley’s arms. I’ve only had eyes for one girl all my life, but damn, this girl was gorgeous. A close second to Annalise, because no one could ever compare to her.

Couldn’t help but move closer, as her scent wafted in my direction. I’m a man, so don’t ask me what kind of flower she smells like, but it’s intoxicating. Some kind of flower and hell, what is that? Chocolate maybe and ocean? She’s got creamy pale skin, and freckles splashed across her straight nose and high cheekbones. Damn, those striking emerald green eyes could leave any man hypnotized.

Could go on and on about her beautiful long thick, curly dark red hair and those long, thick legs and round ass that fit snug in those tight jeans she’s wearing, but damn. I’m cut off from my musings when Annalise proclaims she’s taking Lorna over to meet Yarrah. Quickly taking my place back by my twin sister’s side, I try to stand stoic, as if I had not been paying attention to their encounter.

Yarrah shakes her head, rolling her eyes and mind links me. ‘If you so much as touch that girl, I’ll beat your ass myself. Get your eyes and thoughts in check, brother. Man, I hate this twin bond we have sometimes. Damn horn dogs! That’s all of you males in this pack!’

Didn’t have a chance at a retort because seconds later Lorna was hugging Yarrah and flipping out as she had with Annalise. Wonder what her voice sounds like when she’s not squealing with excitement?

Moments later, I get that chance, as Annalise introduces us and she grabs a hold of my hand in a firm handshake. The electricity that shoots through my hand, up to my brain, then skyrockets to my toes, is even more intense than what I get when I’m around Annalise.

Xavier scratches and prods at me to be released. Forgetting all about Annalise, as he screams to be let free to claim his mate. ‘Mate! Mine! She’s ours! We must have our mate!’

‘You’re being a damn fool now! Tamper down Xavier! Annalise is our mate and you damn well know it!’

He growls as a response and tucks himself away. Retracting my hand from Lorna’s, I smile, give a slight nod and state, “Nice to meet you, Lorna.” Then go to stand by my love. Clutching her hips, bringing her tightly to me, and brushing my lips against her cheek.

Annalise puts her lips to my ear, nudging it with her nose, before, “What the hell was that?!”

Zane materializes in front of us with a huge grin on his face. “I hope you don’t mind if I steal Xillon away for a moment, Annalise. Have an urgent matter to discuss with him about Crissy.”