Tedhi medhi love story

Munna stared at Naina, unable to believe what he had just heard.

She waited patiently, but when he just keep blinking, standing like a statue, she shrugged and started to walk out, 'Fine. Agar tumhe acceptable nahi hai toh...'

'Hai hai... sab kuch acceptable hai.' Munna circled the table and ran after her, almost stumbling on the visitor's chair.

Naina stopped, stifling a smile with her back to Munna.

'Sab waise hi hoga jaisa tum chahti ho.' Huffing, Munna reached closer to face her, 'Bas tum Sameer ki help kar do, woh bechara bohot tension mein hai.'

With a wide, fake smile, Naina responded, 'Right. Us bichare ki tension dur karna hi toh sabse important kaam hai hum sab ke liye.'

Munna pursed his lips, embarrassed, 'Main jaanta hun Naina tum uske baare mein aisa kyon sochti ho. Lekin mera yakeen karo woh dil ka bohot achha hai. Main bachpan se jaanta hun use. Sameer dil ka saaf hai. Bas kabhi kabhi thoda gussa kar leta hai par...' He quickly corrected himself as he saw Naina's expression change, 'Kabhi kabhi matlab bohot kam... lekin main use samjha dunga. Ab se gusse pe control rakhega.'

'Better.' Naina said with finality, 'Agar uska attitude pehle jaisa raha toh main uski family ke saamne saari pol khol dungi.'

Munna assured her he would explain everything to Sameer, along with her conditions.

After Naina left, he bolted to the table and picked his phone.

'Sameer. Ho gaya.' He screamed with pure joy the moment he heard his friend's voice.

Sitting in his office, Sameer held the phone away from his ear when Munna's shrill voice rang in his ear. When the other side turned silent, he enquired in a deflated voice, 'Kya ho gaya?'

Munna was brimming with elation, 'Tera kaam ho gaya bhai. Naina maan gayi.'

The phone slipped from Sameer's hand. Thankfully, it fell on the table, saving any damage to his precious latest iPhone. But at present, his only concern was the mess he was about to land in... with Naina being his partner in crime.

'Sameer, tu sun raha hai na?' Munna's voice, coming from the instrument lying in front of him made him pick the phone again.

'Naina... Naina maan gayi matlab? Kya woh... woh mere liye jhooth bolegi?' He stammered, unable to assimilate the situation in entirety.

'Haan yaar,' Munna was ecstatic, 'Woh hamara saath dene ko ready hai. Teri help karegi.'

'Kyon?' Was the first word that came to Sameer's mind which he uttered aloud.

Frustrated at his strange response, Munna almost screamed, 'Kab, kyon, kaise chod aur meri baat dhyan se sunn. Game toh shuru ho gaya hai lekin iske kuch rules hain. Tu shaam ko yahan aaja fir hum baith ke strategy bana lete hain ki aage kya karna hai.'

Sameer agreed and disconnected. He didn't know if he should celebrate this situation or fume over it. Munna seemed to be quite excited about it. On the surface, it did come as a solace. For sometime, he would be saved from his family's constant nagging and pressure about finding a girl. But this comfort was coming at a price, and he wasn't so keen to pay that price.

One thing was sure though... the whole thing was going to make his life disastrous.

Later that evening, Sameer entered Munna's office with heavy steps. Pandit was already there, his energy levels even more pumped up at the prospect of getting on with the drama.

Munna gave a tentative look to Pandit, silently asking him to control himself. He then smiled at Sameer, 'Achha kiya tu jaldi aa gaya. Naina ke aane se pehle tujhse kuch baat karni hai.'