Tum mera naam apne naam ke saath nahi jod sakte

Sameer's eyes stayed on Naina's face. Her derisive tone, dismissive body language and indifference to his presence made him simmer in anger.

His voice dropped in decibel, but a note of finality creeped into it as he towered over her, attempting to impose a semblance of authority, 'Hope nahi yeh reality hai.'

'Tum mera naam apne naam ke saath nahi jod sakte.' Naina scoffed, the defiant spark in her eyes intensified.

'Jod chuka hun, jabse tumhe apni girlfriend banaya hai. Humein yeh natak aage lekar jaana hi hoga.' He decalred, not ready to negotiate.

Naina lifted her hands, placed them on his chest and tried to push hard, to make him get away from her. But Sameer had been expecting something like this. Her force did not budge him. Rather, he left her upper arms and gripped her wrists that now rested on his chest.

But the moment his fingers touched her bare skin, Sameer's eyes rounded, his anger changing to surprise, 'Naina, tumhe toh fever hai.'

She pulled back her hands immediately, taking advantage of his divided attention, and managed to shake him from his place. But as she slipped away, Sameer again held her wrist and swung her to face him. The next moment, his fingers pressed against her forehead, taking her by wonder.

Sameer frowned as he registered that her skin was indeed burning. Before she could react, he left her and fished out his phone from the pocket. Naina was perplexed.

Sameer spoke into the phone after pressing something on the screen, 'Munna, main Naina ko doctor ke paas le jaa raha hun. Usey high temperature hai.'

He waited, listening to the response from other side, while with one palm, he stalled Naina's objection, who fumed at his interference. After hanging up, he turned to her, 'Chalo.'

'Main theek hun. I'm not going anywhere with you.' Naina gritted her teeth. She was capable of taking care of herself. The fever had increased in last one hour and she had already sent the office helper to get Crocin for her. Leaving office was not possible, not with so much of workload.

Sameer's voice was soft, even his tone was almost pleading, 'You need to rest, Naina. Doctor ko consult karne ke baad main tumhe ghar drop kar dunga. Don't overwork in this state. Warna kal tak aur beemar ho jaogi.'

Naina was feeling exhausted because of having worked all night and with rising temperature. On top of that, his forceful conduct was irritating her, 'Please, yeh jhoothi sympathy mat dikhao. Ek minute pehle tum mujhe dhamki de rahe the aur ab aise behave kar rahe ho jaise tumhe meri health ki bohot parwah hai. Anyway, I don't have energy to fight with you. Tum jao. Main ek crocin le lungi toh fever utar jayega.'

A knock stopped Sameer from insisting again. He turned and opened the door. Office boy, Suresh, was shocked to see him, but masked his surprise next moment, and extended a white paper bag towards Naina, 'Madam, aapki dawaayen.'

Sameer grabbed the packet from him before Naina could reach it.

'Thank you Suresh.' Naina smiled at the boy, 'Ek chai bhi bana doge please?'

He nodded eagerly and looked at Sameer, 'Sir, aap toh hamesha ki tarah coffee lenge na?'

Shaking his head, Sameer replied, 'Nahi. Main jaa raha hun. Mujhe kuch nahi chahiye.'

After he was gone, Sameer let out a sigh of resignation as he glanced back at Naina, 'Mera gussa apni health pe mat nikalo. I really think tumhe ghar jaake aaram karna chahiye. Mere saath nahi jaana toh Natasha ko bula lo.'

Naina was momentarily touched by his concern, then was reminded of the real reason why he had come after her, invading her space with his formidable stance. Her voice turned cold, 'Thank you Mr Maheshwari. I can manage. Pehli baar fever nahi hua hai mujhe.'