Uss behenji ko bhi achha khasa gussa aata hai

Once inside the house, Naina swept her hand across the wall. Instantly, the whole room was aglow with warm light that emanated from a huge lamp in the corner.

Before Sameer could see more, Naina turned towards him swiftly and asked through clenched teeth, 'Yeh sab kya hai?'

He knew what she was talking about. Helplessly, he shrugged, 'Mujhe khud nahi pata. Kal tak toh aisi koi baat nahi thi. Pata nahi aaj achanak sabko sagai ki jaldi kyon ho rahi hai.'

'You know that main koi sagai wagai nahi karne wali. Right?' Her eyes glimmered with a threat.

Narrowing his eyes, Sameer leaned and declared, 'Tum karna bhi chaho toh main tumse kabhi sagai nahi karunga.'

Her face turned red with anger, 'Toh yeh baat ghar pe kyon nahi kahi? Wahan tumhari zubaan pe taala kyon lag jaata hai? Jo yeh itna badh chad ke shekhiyan bagharte ho, ghar jaate hi bheegi billi kyon banke baith jaate ho?'

Sameer was both embarrassed and annoyed.

Embarrassed because she was right. He wasn't able to say much in front of his grandfather. Though Dadaji loved him a lot, he had always controlled everything in the house with an iron hand. He never sugar coated his words of reprimand if Sameer threw any tantrums. His logic was that wealth should be used to empower a person, not spoil him. And he made sure that Sameer did not go astray as he grew up surrounded by all privileges and luxuries. Sameer was sure he had been the same with Girish when his dad was growing up. No wonder his dad was so grounded as compared to the wealthy men of their circle who floated on the cloud of their haughtiness. He himself had turned out so well.

He was annoyed because she didn't have the right to see through him so clearly in just two visits to his house.

Looking at her, he hissed, 'Tum bhi toh khud ko Jhansi ki rani samajhti ho. Tumne kyon nahi kaha ki abhi sagai nahi karna chahti. Waise bhi Dadaji mummy aur Anu ki baat zyada maante hain. Tum kehti toh shayad maan bhi lete.'

'Because I was shocked.' She let out her frustration by hurling a cushion at the opposite wall, 'Jab Dadaji ne family ke baare mein pucha toh main ghabra gayi kyonki prepared nahi thi. Maine expect nahi kiya tha ki dusri hi meeting mei woh mere bhai se baat karna chahenge.'

Sameer widened his eyes at her violent streak. He was sure she would have thrown something bigger and heavier if she could get her hands on it. Eyeing the cushion that now lay on the floor, he asked, 'Waise tumhari family... kya sach mein tumhare bhaiya bhabhi Australia mein hain?'

Naina threw her hands up in air in desperation, 'Will you please focus? Meri nahi apni family ki problem solve karo.'

She then walked upto him and looked him into the eyes, 'Listen mister, main koi sagai wagai nahi karne wali. Agar Sunday ko aisa kuch hua toh main sabke saamne saara sach bata dungi aur yeh drama ek jhatke mein khatam kar dungi.'

'Tum aisa nahi kar sakti.' Sameer blurted in fear, 'Maine tumhe paise diye hain.'

'Paise girlfriend ka natak karne ke hain, fiancée banne ke nahi.' She declared, crossing her arms and raising her chin defiantly.

Sameer also crossed his arms and mimicked her stance, 'Tumhara fiancée kehlane ki jagah main sanyas lena prefer karunga.'

Naina started to clap, her lips twisted in a sarcastic smile, 'Oh please do it. Saari problem hi solve ho jayegi. Na tumhe shaadi karni padegi na mujhe tumhe jhelna padega. Tumhari yeh shakal saamne nahi ayegi toh meri aankhon ko kitni thandak milegi.'

Something snapped in Sameer's mind and he grabbed her arm, pulling her against himself. Naina's eyes widened in shock. In the warm glow of the lamp, he could see the flashing embers of her brown eyes. They turned more fierce, clashing with the inkiness of his black ones.