Tumhe Mrs Maheshwari bana ke le jaunga

When Munna entered his cabin, Naina was placing some papers on his table. Hearing the sound, she turned, and smiled, greeting him with a 'Good morning'.

'Good morning Naina. Presentation ke liye main Prakhar ji se baat kar leta hun. Shaam ko late meeting plan kar lunga. Tum din bhar ka time le lo. Aur baaki sab projects ko halt pe rakh do aaj ke liye.' He suggested, thinking that it was only natural that Naina wouldn't have been able to work on the report because of the bomb Sameer had dropped previous night.

Hence, he was shocked beyond words when she said, 'Iski koi zarurat nahi hai. Report ready hai. Presentation main abhi mail kar dungi. Pointers ki file dene hi aayi thi. Tum the nahi isliye unpe post it notes laga rahi thi.'

'Oh!' Munna glanced at the neat arrangement on his table, then his eyes shot up to her, 'Bana li? Kab? Kal shaam ko toh tumne kaha tha abhi chaar paanch ghanton ka kaam baaki hai.'

Naina smiled wearily, 'Raat ko complete kar li. It's okay. Kabhi kabhi...'

But before she could say more, a couple of sneezes rocked her one after the other.

Munna looked at her with concern, 'Tumhari tabiyat toh theek hai?'

Sniffling into a large handkerchief, Naina replied in a heavier voice, 'Kuch nahi bas thoda cold hai. Tum report check kar lo. Kuch hoga toh mujhe batana, main changes kar dungi.'

After she was gone, Munna marvelled at her diligence. Despite the emotional turmoil she must have been wrapped in, after her conversation with Sameer last night, she remained focused enough to fulfil her professional responsibilities. He himself was still lost in the sudden complication of this whole episode, after Natasha had informed him about the wedding date.

Just as Munna settled on his seat, trying to focus on the work in front of him, his phone started to ring. Expecting it to be Sameer, he quickly took it out from the pocket, only to see his brother's name flashing on it.

'Haan Sagar, kya hua? Aaj subah subah kaise?' Munna kept him on speaker as he checked the file.

Sagar, his cousin brother, sounded worried, 'Munna, papa ne jo papers bheje the tune sign karke wapas nahi bhijwaye kya?'

'Oh yaar!' Munna pressed his forehead, scrunching his nose, 'Mere dimag se hi nikal gaya. Ek urgent project pe kaam kar raha tha isliye dhyan hi nahi raha. Aaj ghar jaake Uber package se bhejta hun.'

'Paanch baje tak bhej dega? Che baje court ke band hone se pehle submit karne hain. Aaj last date hai.' Sagar's voice was urgent.

Tension lines appeared on Munna's forehead, 'Sorry yaar lekin aaj toh meri ek bohot important meeting hai. Ghar jaate jaate late ho jayega. Din mein bhi free nahi hun. Kal bhejne se nahi chalega kya? Thoda fine de denge aur kya.'

Sagar was equally tensed to know this, 'Nahi Munna yeh toh aaj hi dena hai. Gaon ki property ke claim ka yeh last chance hai.'

Munna pressed the bridge of his nose, 'Sharavan yahan hota toh usse mangwa leta papers lekin ab kya karun. Main toh abhi abhi office pahuncha hun. Wapas jaane aur aane mein aadha din lag jayega. Mujhe meeting ke liye preparation bhi karni hai.'

After a silent pause of few seconds, Sagar suggested, 'Agar tu lunch time pe office mein hai toh main wahin aake sign karwa leta hun. Mujhe tere ghar ke paas ek client se milne jaana hai. Aate hue taiji se papers le aunga. Tu sign kar dena.'

His offer took away a huge burden from Munna's shoulders. He immediately agreed. Sagar's father was his father's younger brother, who was quite affectionate to him and Shravan. Their grandfather owned a piece of land in their ancestral village which was having some ownership issues as none of them lived in the village anymore. Sagar's father wanted the land to be legally transferred to Munna, as he felt that because of his elder brother's untimely death, their family needed this financial comfort more than him. Munna felt guilty of causing this much trouble to them, while all this was being done for his own benefit. But it had completely slipped off his mind that he had to send back the papers over the weekend.