Rukmini... rukmini... shaadi ke baad kya kya hua

Naina and Natasha spent the day packing for Natasha's stint at Singapore. Naina was happy for her yet her heart felt constricted in her chest. Natasha was the only one she could be herself with. She had been the rock that kept Naina afloat whenever the tides of her personal life turned stormy. If there was really a power above, as Natasha believed, Naina could not be thankful enough to whatever it was, for sending Natasha in her life. She was the only beacon of light in the darkness of her growing up years. The thought made Naina's eyes damp again.

'Oye, kahan khoyi hai.' Natasha called out from the other side of the room, where she was trying to fit in a huge load of clothes in her suitcase, 'Shaadi ke sapne baad mein lena pehle packing mein help kar.'

Naina quickly camouflaged the poignant thoughts with a frown, 'Tujhe pataa hai main shaadi ke sapne nahi dekh rahi.'

Natasha jumped on the suitcase, sitting cross legged, with her face cupped between her hands, 'Achha? Toh kya honeymoon ke baare mein soch rahi hai? Ya fir...' She placed a hand on her heart and started breathing in a suggestive way, '...ghoonghat uthane ke baad kya hoga yeh sochke sharma rahi hai?'

'Nutty ki bacchi.' Naina threw an unfolded dress at her, gritting her teeth, 'Aaj main tujhe nahi chorne wali.'

When Natasha effortlessly dodged the dress, Naina ran after her, aiming whatever came to her hands in the direction of her grinning friend.

Natasha giggled as she ducked to avoid the cushions, pillows, more clothes, even a fluffy slipper that they used at home, 'Janeman, mujhe batana zarur.' And then she started to sing, 'Rukmini rukmini... shaadi ke baad kya kya hua... kaun haara kaun jeeta...'

Naina was livid, 'Aaj tu maregi. Bhool jaa Singapore. Kahin nahi jaa sakti. Kyonki mere haathon tera murder hone wala hai. Goodbye Nutty. It was nice knowing you.'

They did not pause their chase even for a moment, even when Natasha quickly glanced at her phone in hand, or ran to unlock the door before slipping out of Naina's grasp again who had managed to grab the end of her tshirt.

'Babydoll, Nutty ko pakadna mushkil hi nahi, namukin hai. Kyon apni energy waste kar rahi hai, sambhal ke rakh. Aaj ki raat bohot lambi hone wali hai tere liye.' With a wink, she jumped on the sofa, across the table and sprinted away when Naina ran towards her.

'You are so dead Nutty.' Naina's face turned red as she picked a bigger cushion and hurled in her direction, which again missed the target as Natasha darted towards the main door.

The same moment, door opened and Munna Pandit walked in... and Natasha banged into them. Both grabbed her either arm, steadying her.

'I'll kill you Nutty. Aaj tera aakhiri din hai.' The words were already out of Naina's mouth before she could notice their presence.

Flabbergasted, they pushed Natasha behind them, shielding her from a probable attack.

Suddenly, the room was silent. Naina's raised hand froze midair as she gasped, clutching the vase in her hand. Three of them stared at each other. Slowly, Naina's hand came down.

With a sheepish smile, she placed the vase back, 'I... I was kidding.'

Seeing the look of terror on the faces of Munna Pandit, Natasha could not resist, and let out a groan dramatically, 'Aaj toh mat maar Naina. Warna teri shaadi ke din mujhe chot ke saare nishan fir se makeup se chupane padenge. Waise ab yeh aadat thodi kam karne ki koshish kar. Bechare Sameer ko toh baksh dena.'

The widened eyes of both boys almost fell off their sockets. Naina squeezed her eyes shut, fisting her hands to control another wave of anger. When Natasha could not hold back anymore, she burst out laughing, watching the pale faces of Munna Pandit.