Achanak yeh daura kyon aur kaise pada

Unable to take the scene in front of his eyes, Sameer stormed back to Munna's room. Had he stayed there any longer, he was sure he would have just gone and knocked down that guy who had the audacity to still keep looking at Naina with the same love struck eyes, knowing very well that she was married now.

He sank into the chair, frustrated at the surge of such thoughts whenever Naina was in the vicinity of other men. It tightened something in his chest when she smiled in return to their smiles. It flipped his stomach when she laughed at something they said. It simply agitated him when she seemingly enjoyed their presence around her. His determination to stay unaffected was torn to shreds. He was affected... as hell.

But why would he? As a husband? Of course as a husband. They were in a proper marriage, even if there was no relationship. They had mutually agreed to respect the sanctity of marriage. Not that there was any such fear... when he could not find the girl of his dreams in ten years, there was grim possibility of meeting her in this one year. And Naina, she had made it clear that she was not interested in matters of heart. Yet, they had signed the contract with the promise of complying to the boundaries of marriage. Such reaction from him was normal when he felt that she could overstep those boundaries. After all, he could not trust someone whom he had known for such a short period of time.

While his heart countered all types of reasons for his reaction, his mind stayed firm on only one resolve... the girl he would fall in love with had to be soft and beautiful at heart, not someone whose demeanor screamed of defiance.

The battle within him was relentless.

Few minutes later, Munna entered the room, declaring in a relieved tone, 'Baat kar li Naina se. Kaha tha na woh foran haan kar degi. Mummy ko bata diya ki aaj tum dono ghar pe rukoge. Tu bhi apne ghar call kar de.'

When he did not get any response, his feet stalled on the way towards his chair. He turned to look carefully at Sameer, and found him lost. Turning, he came back and pulled the chair next to Sameer, swirling it to face his friend, and tapped his forearm, 'Bhai, kahan kho gaya?'

Sameer gasped, as if he became aware of Munna's presence only after his touch.

Munna narrowed his eyes, 'Tu... theek hai na? Maine kaha Naina se baat kar li maine. Woh ruk jayegi tere saath.'

Sameer muttered through clenched teeth, 'Achha? Usne suna bhi tune kya kaha? Saara dhyan toh Param pe hoga. Badi interesting baatein kar raha tha shayad, tabhi madam itni khush hoke sunn rahi thi.'

'Sameer.' Munna raised a concerned brow, 'Kya bole jaa raha hai? Param Naina ko aaj ki visit ke baare mein bata raha tha. Itni si baat pe aisa gussa kyon aa raha hai tujhe? Yaar, itna toh asli husband ya boyfriend nahi jalega jitna tu jal bhun raha hai. Achanak yeh daura kyon aur kaise pada hai?'

Letting out an exasperated exhale, Sameer thumped the table with his fist, 'Iss Naina ne dimaag kharab karke rakha hai mera.'

'Ab kya kiya Naina ne?' Munna asked, though he did have some idea what this was all about.

With a jerk, Sameer turned to look at Munna, growling, 'Tune dekha nahi? Mujhe samajh nahi aata har kisi ke saath itna hans hans ke kya baatein karti hai woh? Jisse milti hai usey Naina mein pata nahi kya nazar aa jaata hai ki usey ghere rehte hain. Aur woh... apne aapko admirers ke beech mein queen samajhne lagti hai.'

Munna retorted in a sharp voice, 'Toh tujhe isse kya problem hai? Tujhe koi takleef nahi de rahi na? Dusre logon se baatein karey ya dosti, tere pet mein kyon dard ho raha hai? Teri wife toh bas ek saal ke liye hai. Kya uske baad usey apni life nahi jeeni? Teri biwi banke sabse baat karna band kar degi toh ek saal baad kya karegi?' His anger subsided a bit, and a small smile appeared on his face as he looked away, 'Rahi baat admirers ki, toh Naina hai hi aisi ki usse baat karna sabko achha lagta hai. Sundar toh woh pehle bhi thi lekin ab aur bhi zyada pyari lagti hai jab saree pehenti hai. Ekdum gudiya jaisi.'