Mujhe achha nahi lagega

On the way back, Naina felt a lot better. Nakul did not seem as intimidating in his house as he was when he suddenly appeared in front of her earlier. Being coddled by his mom and reprimanded by his dad, he looked like an unruly brat, not an obsessive maniac who had been persistently chasing her. Though she felt it was mean of her, but she was glad he was hurt. He deserved that.

What actually surprised her was that Sameer was the one who had incapacitated him, even in Nakul's own house, in front of his parents. Sameer did not look like the strong, muscular guy who could get into such fights. He appeared more like a stylish and polished wealthy person who would have other people at his beck and call, who would never lift a finger for anything. Though he was a snobbish moron most of the times, she was thankful for his conduct today. One thought crossed her mind suddenly... how did he appear at the office building? Munna had left long back, and she was sure Sameer would be aware of that. Then why was he there at such a late hour?

Finding her lost in her thoughts, Sameer wondered if she was still worried and somewhat scared. When he found her earlier, she looked petrified. But after reaching her house, she had relaxed a bit. When he had suggested to go to Nakul's house, he wasn't sure she would be willing to face him again right after such an ordeal. Naina had surprised him by agreeing to accompany him. And she had responded remarkably well to Nakul's formidable stance, even with his parents around.

Probably there was nothing to worry about, at least for tonight. Nakul was not just drunk, he had been injured too. Sameer had seen the way he was holding his leg. His foot was definitely sprained, if not fractured. Also, after Batra uncle's assurance, Sameer had been relieved greatly. Yet, he was a little uneasy at the thought of Naina being alone at home for the night. If he was this bothered, wasn't she anxious about staying alone?

At the same moment, they looked at each other, giving voice to their scepticism.

'Tum office kyon aaye the?' She queried.

'Tumhe akele rehne mein dar nahi lagta?' He questioned.

Their words clashed with each other.

There was a moment of silence, then the cycle was repeated, as they shot the same question, at the same time.

Irritated, Sameer followed it with a frowning comment immediately, 'Pehle woh batao jo maine pucha hai.'

She stated matter of factly, 'Akele kahan rehti hun, Nutty hai toh mere sath.'

'Aaj nahi hai. Itna kuch hone ke baad tum raat bhar akele reh logi ghar mein?' He enquired again.

Naina shrugged, 'Haan. Mujhe aadat hai. Nutty aksar jaati rehti hai. Kabhi kabhi teen chaar din ke liye bhi jaati hai. I'm used to it. Waise bhi, ghar tak aana kisi ke liye aasan nahi hai. Complex ke andar aane ke liye main gate pe permission leni padti hai. Uske baad building ke guard ke paas details register hote hain. Hamara security system kaafi achha hai.'

'Maine toh ek baar bhi main gate pe permission nahi li. Mujhe kisi ne roka bhi nahi.' Sameer remembered his previous visit, and earlier today as well. He had just walked in, without being stopped. Maybe it was his majestic personality or unmistakable distinguished aura because of which the guards did not dare to ask him anything, forget about stopping him.

His illusion was shattered by Naina in next moment, 'Tum mere saath the isliye nahi roka. Building ke register mein tumhari details maine khud de di thi, jisse tum bina baat ke argument na karo. Mujhe tamasha nahi chahiye tha.'

First she completely crushed his impression, and now blamed him as if he was the one who created a scene every time.

Fuming, he shot back, 'Main tamasha karta hun? Khud ko dekha hai tumne?'