Kahin tujhe usse pyaar toh nahi ho gaya

Naina was startled.

'Rival?' She uttered in surprise, 'Mera koi rival nahi hai. Main toh Radhika se aaj pehli baar mili hun.'

Jimmy glanced at the closed door through which Radhika had gone out seconds back, and said in the same low tone, 'Aap Radhika ko nahi jaanti par woh aapko pehchanti hai... jabse Sameer sir se aapki shaadi hui hai.'

'Oh!' Naina slowly nodded as the meaning sank in, 'Oh!!'

With a satisfied smile, Jimmy added, 'Par yeh one sided hai. So, you need not worry.'

Naina's gaze flitted to Sameer. He was talking to someone who looked almost as old as Dadaji. He was all smiles, and blushed in between at what the other person was saying. The man patted his back, laughing.

Okay. Lagta hai mahashay ka office wala roop alag hi hai. Itne saare daant ek saath toh aaj tak nahi dekhe maine. Isiliye yahan iska fan club hai. Sirf Radhika hi kyon, I'm sure do chaar aur bhi hongi.

Naina looked around. Indeed, some of the female employees were looking at him with an expression that was much more than simple admiration. She bit her cheek to control the grin that threatened to erupt on her face. Yet, a sly smile found its way. Sameer chose that very moment to look over the shoulder of the person he was talking to. His jaw ticked as he saw Naina smiling in a mysterious way, seemingly enjoying what Jimmy was saying.

The person patted his shoulder, 'Kyon Sameer, theek kaha na maine?'

Sameer quickly shifted his focus to the conversation, having missed a few sentences in between, 'Ji... ji sir. Aap bilkul theek keh rahe hain.'

Everyone burst into laughter, making him gape at them in confusion.

Girish chuckled, leaning towards him, 'Dhyan kahan hai tera? Suna bhi jo unhone kaha?'

Sameer pursed his lips, the blank look on his face confirming Girish's doubt that Sameer was unaware of the ongoing topic.

He sighed, 'Bhandari sir keh rahe they ki Sameer ke saath saath uski biwi ko bhi same room mein seat de do, tabhi yeh kaam kar payega warna saara din usi ko video call ya text karta rahega.'

Mortified, Sameer lowered his eyes. Naina would never cease to cause problems in his life... even when she was not around. Just one moment of distraction because of her and he ended up making a fool of himself.

The old man held his hand affectionately and said in a gentle voice, 'Koi baat nahi beta. Aaj saare baal safed hain lekin kabhi hum bhi jawan they. Is daur se guzre hain. Aur fir tumhari toh love marriage hai. Uske khyalon mein khoye rehna natural hai. Sochne wali baat toh tab hoti jab tum aisa nahi karte. Kyon bhai Maheshwari?'

Dadaji asserted with a light laugh, 'Aur kya. Abhi toh uske aage peeche ghoomne ke din hain. Sameer, jaa dekh Naina comfortable toh hai na. Office ke management staff se usey milwa dena.'

With quick steps, Sameer walked to the corner where Naina was still nodding and smiling with Jimmy, holding a coffee mug that was handed to her by him. The reason of her amused look fell in his ears as he approached them.

'... aur boss ne pucha tak nahi. Hum sabko lagta tha boss bade unromantic hain. Lekin aapko dekh ke samajh aaya ki who actually mein chupey rustom hain.'

'Jimmy.' Sameer gave him a piercing look as he went to stand near Naina, close enough that her shoulder pressed against his arm.

'Hi sir.' Jimmy flashed a bright smile, 'Great timing. Main ma'm se aapki tareef hi kar raha tha.'

'Oh really?' Sameer quirked up a brow, 'Don't bother. Naina mujhe bohot ache se jaanti hai.'

'Isiliye.' Jimmy murmured, though it was quite audible to his audience.