003. ralph's sucking chest wound...and lina's

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

        ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   California Love: 2Pac, Roger, Dr. Dre

"McKenna. Evan." I say into the phone.

"Yes." A voice comes through.

"They're not the ones you want. I am."

"And who are you?"

"Amanda Clarke. You were friends with Conrad Grayson. The man who framed my father. You and I have unfinished business."

"Then by all means, let's finish it. How would you like to do this?"

"Face-to-face." I hang up before a cloth is placed over my mouth and my eyes shut.

                 •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Good morning, sunshine." McKenna says as I open my eyes.

"If you came here to rescue us..." Evan turns as a buzzer goes off. "You might want a do-over."

"I trust you had a pleasant nap, Miss Clarke." A British man with dark hair enters.

"Who the hell are you?" I question.

"That's not important."

"Yes, it is. I don't want you. So where is he? You two working together?"

"Rather than waste my time on a wild goose chase, I thought I'd give you the opportunity to tell me where you've hidden the evidence. In return, I may even let your friends here live."

"Actually...they don't concern me." I shake my head.

"Gee, don't sugarcoat it, Lina." Evan remarks.

"Well, if that's the case, we take back our offer." He hits Evan across the face and he grunts.

"You son of a bitch!" McKenna snarls, trying to get free from the chair.

"The evidence that you want is in locker 428 at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. The orange key from my keychain will open it." I inquire.

"If that's true, what's to stop me from killing you right now?" He turns to me.

"I could be lying."

"She's really quite good at it." McKenna nods.

"Or I could've programmed an e-mail to alert the authorities. I would tell you how much time you have left, but you stole my watch when you ambushed he me at my home." I go on. "A Submariner with a lock pick hidden inside."

"It's 2:30." He looks at the watch.

"Then you have exactly one hour."

"David, until Forever. Victoria." He reads the back of the watch. "Your father didn't know what hit him, did he? Tick-tock." He tosses the watch on the floor and leaves.