004. firebird

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

               ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Mother Russia: Iron Maiden

I feel the hair sticking up on the back of my neck, but I stay still for a few seconds as I lay on the couch. I now shoot up from the couch and grab the person by the throat, then slamming them on the floor.

"Ah!" Bozer cries out. "Lina."

"I told you." Riley laughs and I let go of Bozer before helping him up.

"Oh, my God." He holds his throat. "Damn, woman." He coughs.

"Let that be a lesson." I raise my eyebrows.

"And it's learned. Sorry."

"What are you guys doing here?" I hold my stomach and slowly pick up the blanket from the floor.

"Good morning to you too, Lina." Patty nods.

"We having a party? A really weird, awkward one?"

"No. Mac said the same thing. It's crazy, isn't it? You two already flowing like that." Jack grins.

"You allowed this?"

"I shut and locked the door, and Jack got in from the window upstairs." Riley raises her hands up.

"They did the same thing to you and you're condoning it now?" I go on.

"N-No, they forced me." Mac tells me. "They-"

"Alright, so how you feeling? I'm guessing good, right?" Bozer smiles and I tilt my head up at him.

"You in any pain?" Jack questions.

"No, Jack, I'm not in any pain. Although, your concern for my health is touching. I'll write it in my diary later." I tell him.

"See? Masking her feelings in sarcasm. Just like Mac." He turns to Patty.

"She can hear you."

"So can he." Mac adds.

"Again! That's what I'm talking about." Jack points at us.

"Why didn't you call me when you were getting out of the hospital?" Riley gets up.

"Cause I'm not a toddler. I've been through worse. I'm fine." I nod.

"You struggling to pick up that blanket says otherwise." Jack raises his eyebrows. "Why aren't you sleeping in your bed, huh? Why the couch?"

"I was doing work, jackass." I look at the papers on the coffee table. "Pun intended."

"Funny."

"Look, we're all here because we love you...and we're worried about you, like Mac." Bozer walks over to me.