010. mission city

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  End of Beginning: Djo

"So, that stuff you put in the back, it's not gonna dissolve through the plastic and..." Jack trails off and I roll my eyes as I continue driving.

"Don't worry. It's not gonna spill." Mac tells him.

"Okay, I was gonna say explode, so I'm glad to hear that. I didn't sign the damage waiver on this pregnant roller skate."

"Oh, yeah. That's why we should've taken your car." I turn to him and the others chuckle.

"No way, Lina, you know the rules in my car. No food, no drink, no dirty-ass feet up on the dash and definitely no dangerous chemicals sloshing around in the back."

"Jack, c'mon, breathe, man. We're going away for some R & R. You gotta let the tension go." Bozer says.

"You let the tension go, Bozer. This car's in my name, dude. And please, for the last time, get that water bottle off that leather seat." Jack orders.

"It's leatherette. My aunt's cat could do his business all over this seat and it would clean up with one Bounty."

"Okay, first of all, gross." McKenna speaks up.

"Yeah, and second, who rents a minivan?" Evan questions.

"Oh, wait, old people. Never mind." Riley adds.

"Hey, for your information, the minivan is the workhorse of the middle class. Besides...this was the last rental on the whole damn lot." Jack tells her.

"And in lime green?" She fake gasps. "I'm shocked."

"Mac, Lina, you don't happen to have any duct tape, you know, for the word hole?"

"Hey. Hey."

"The only tape I have for a word hole is yours, Jack. And she's not wrong." I inquire.

"Oh, thanks a lot. Thanks." Jack nods.

"Glad to be of service."

"You were right, Mac. It's pretty up here." McKenna looks out the window.

"Yeah. Mission City has its charms." Mac replies.

"If you admit it has its charms, then why haven't we been back?" Bozer asks.

"We've been busy."

"Not that busy. Alright? Mister Ericson's been asking you to come speak to his class for five years now and every year you turn him down, even though I say we should go."

"Yeah, well, you were right. I think getting away is gonna be good for all of us."

"Yeah, it will. Psyched to see what's changed in the old hood, grab a bite from Burger Nirvana...maybe, uh, see what Darlene Martin's up to."