020. clarke

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   Mind Games: Sickick

"Yeah, I'm on my way now." I tell Riley before hanging up. I fix my hat over my head and walk down the steps. I now reach the door and my phone goes off. I look at the unknown number. "Hello?" I answer.

"You have a collect call from..."

"An old friend." His voice comes through the speaker and I clench my jaw. "Hello, Amanda. How you've been?"

                      •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Hey, Riley. You seen Lina? She missed the baseball game and she's not answering my phone calls or texts." Jack turns his head.

"You mean more than usual?" Riley sets her bag down on the chair.

"Really funny."

"Lina's not here. I think it's best we leave her alone right now." Matty suggests.

"Is she okay?" Mac questions.

"Phoenix just intercepted intel that a terrorist group known as Omnus is gearing up for a major attack." Matty pulls it up on the screen and Riley shares a look with Evan and McKenna.

"Omnus? Are they new?" Evan crosses his arms.

"Very. They've been on our radar for about four months, and they've been pretty active ever since." Matty nods.

"Uh, hold on. Let's go back to the major attack part. Any chance you can give us the what, where, when, how?" Jack wonders.

"Well, our best bet at getting that info is tracking down the man that they want killed. In the same intercept that alerted us of this attack, we learned that Omnus has offered $10 million for the assassination of someone who they code-named the Architect. While the identity of the Architect remains a mystery, the identity of the assassin hired to kill him is not." She turns back to the screen and Murdoc's photo pops up.

"No." McKenna walks towards the screen.

"No, no." Riley shakes her head. "This isn't real. You're messing with us."

"Yeah, no." Evan turns to the door.

"Evan." Matty says.

"No!" He turns back. "No fucking way." He raises his voice. "He called her, didn't he?" He rasps out in realization.

"He what?" Riley stands up.

"And she's there right now, isn't she?" He clenches his jaw. "You knew this whole time and you decide to tell us now? You let her go over there alone?" His eyes get glassy.