038. how do you lose someone in chernobyl?

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

             ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

EASE: Troye Sivan, BROODS

I look at the recorder and the files on the table as No Grey by The Neighbourhood plays through my Beats. I open one of the files on Murdoc and scan through it the information for the hundredth time. My phone then goes off and I take it out.

From: Nolan
Check your box.
Call if you find anything.

I shut off my phone and get up. I pull my headphones down, letting them hang around my neck. I head out and turn to my mailbox. I open it and pull out the big envelope. I head back inside and close the door. I walk towards the table and open the envelope, now taking out a file.

I open it and look at Gregg Hoffman's photo, also known as one of the members of Americon Initiative. Last I heard, the group was taken down in 2012, but I didn't know Hoffman was still on the run. And I also don't know if he's the only one. I turn a page and look at the note from Nolan.

                                         He was last
                                      seen is Moscow,
                                  lost all trace of him
                                          since 2013

I clench my jaw and nod to myself before sitting down. I continue to look through Hoffman's file and my phone goes off again. I pick it up and unlock it.

From: Wilt
Jack broke Mac!!
You're the only one
physically capable
of beating him up

I shut off my phone and put everything into the envelope. I then take out my key and open the cover to where I hide my infinity box. I place the envelope on top of it and the lock the door. I slip the key in my back pocket and grab my phone. I head out of my house and walk down the stairs.

                         •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Here he is." Bozer points to Jack as I enter Mac's house.

"Woah, hey, I didn't do nothing." Jack raises his hands up.

"You didn't do nothing? You broke Mac."

"He doesn't cave in so easily, Wilt. He's just processing. Give him a second." I turn and make my way over to Mac in the kitchen. "Got that look in your eye." I place my hand on the counter and lean over his shoulder to look at the computer. "I know what you're thinking and you have every right. But just breathe. It's gonna be okay." I keep my eyes on the screen before zooming in on one of the photos.