031. for the republic.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

             ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   Angel Baby: Troye Sivan

"Hey." Mac leans off the wall and I stop.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"No." He shakes his head. "I know I scared on our last op, and I'm sorry."

"You didn't scare me, Mac. Far from it." I turn.

"I heard you over the comms." Mac turns me back around.

"Because I didn't know what was going on. I was put in the doghouse, remember? But once Matty told me what happened, I knew you'd be fine, that you'd figure something out. Stop making this something more than it needs to be." I pull away and turn, now walking through the doors. "Hey."

"Hey." Cage leans off the wall.

"Got your text. What's up?"

"Two hours ago, there was an accident on board a college research ship, the R.V. Bancroft, which stranded it in the Arctic Ocean 50 miles offshore."

"What happened?"

"Explosion in the engine room. Blast killed the captain, four crew members and severely damaged the ship. And temperatures are dropping fast." She enters the main room with me.

"Okay, D—" McKenna pauses. "Uh, okay, I've tasked a satellite to keep us connected. We shouldn't lose your signal."

"Cage has you up to speed?" Evan crosses his arms.

"More or less." I head over to the screen with an aching chest.

"David Kimura, meet Lina Petronis. Lina is an engineer here at the think tank, and our best chance at keeping you alive until help can get to you." Matty informs.

"How far away is this help?" I scratch my neck.

"A Coast Guard icebreaker is steaming toward them, but it's twelve hours out."

"What about aircraft?"

"It's negative 54 degrees." Cage informs.

"Negative 56 now, actually." David speaks up through the screen.

"So too cold for planes and helicopters."

"Okay. First step is gonna be keeping everyone on board warm." I start.

"The propulsion room housed the two main generators. Both were taken out during the explosion." Riley tells me.

"And for some reason I can't get the backup genny to start." David adds.

"Okay, uh...first thing I'm gonna need you to do is to use the camera on your laptop to show me the backup generator."

"Okay."