012. attack of the mole

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

         ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   About You: The 1975

"You sure this it is?" Riley says as we walk over to the storage locker.

"This is the same number she wrote in the letter." I nod.

"I know she's doing better, but after everything, we believe her?" Evan questions.

"Guess we'll find out." McKenna tells him.

"Yeah." I take out the key from my back pocket. I place it in the lock on the door and then turn it. I hear a click and the others help me lift up the door.

"Oh, my God."

I thickly swallow as I look at all the furniture from the house I used to live in before moving to the beach one with my dad when I was a kid. I take a slow step forward and I look around.

"Wow. This is all beautiful." Evan inquires.

I open a cracked drawer before spotting my mom's necklace that she used to wear around the house. I slowly pick it up and I open the locket to see a picture of her holding me as a baby. My eyes begin to water and I slip the locket into my hoodie pocket.

                       •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Hey, Lina. You said we can pop in whenever, so..." Jack sits on the couch as I enter my house with the others.

"I recall saying that, Jack." I nod and head over to the sink. I wash my hands and Sammy barks, running towards me. "Hey." I quickly rub his head and then dry my hands with the towel.

"Where did you Power Puff girls go off to? Secret mission thing and didn't include us?"

"You caught us. Cover is blown." McKenna deadpans as Sammy runs over to Mac who seems to be fixing something by the fireplace.

"Sarcasm. Funny." Jack nods.

"Thank you."

"Hey, guys, how old do you think I look?"

"Your age." Evan replies and I place my hands on the counter, staring out the window with clenched jaw and ringing ears.

"No." Jack laughs. "I mean, how old do you think I can get away with looking?"

"Don't lie on a dating profile, Jack. You're only setting people up for disappointment." McKenna tells him.

"Alright, I'm just gonna stop you right there cause you're killing the vibe. This is supposed to be fun. I'll just finish this on my own, thank you."

"Just saying, tell the truth. You'll feel good about it."

"Thirty five. And a half."

"Sure." Evan scoffs. "So, why the sudden interest in finding Miss Right?"