032. merry christmas, mister macgyver

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

             ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Dangerous: Royal Deluxe

"You can really bear the cold, can you?" Cage says from behind me as I sit on the steps of my house while the others are inside.

"Only my hands get cold. Which is fine. I have warmers in my pocket." I tell her.

"Good life hack." She sits next to me.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Here." She holds out a mug.

"I'm good. I just wanna kick you guys out."

"If you really wanted to, you would've done so already." She places the mug in my hand.

"Cage?"

"Yeah?"

"He texted me." I turn to her.

"Who?"

"Murdoc." I whisper. "Last week, when you guys went in that mission for the VX. I didn't respond cause Matty, Evan, Riley and McKenna were in the room."

"Has he contacted you since?"

"No." I shake my head. "But I just feel like it's right to tell you because...because I guess you're the only one who doesn't really know me like everyone else. And you don't jump down my throat-"

"Like Jack?"

"Yeah." I chuckle and so does she. "Which I why I want you to be the first one to know that when I do catch Murdoc, and I will, that's it. I'm leaving. For good." I nod.

"Hey, party poopers." McKenna opens the door. "Let's go. If we have to suffer from Jack's voice, so do you."

"Can't wait." I get up and head inside. I hear Cage follow me and I set my mug down on the counter.

"Why do you do this every year, dude?" Jack sits with Evan and Mac in the living room.

"Prove he's not real." Mac tells him.

"Santa is not real, okay? You nerd. Thanks." He takes a drink some Cage and I enter back in kitchen. "And please, spare me your math that claims to support his existence. It's annoying."

"Thank you." Evan takes his drink. 

"You're not a grown man who believes in Santa, are you?" McKenna sits down and I open my journal, starting a new sketch.

"I'm a grown man who cannot rule out the existence of Santa. Two different things. Cause if you think about it...the rotation of the Earth, different time zones, and the latest research into Einstein-Rosen bridges..." Mac rambles.

"You've been on this Santa kick forever." Jack inquires.

"When I found out that Jack didn't believe in Santa, I derived some equations to help change his mind, but the math only confused him more."