037. clink it up

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

I'm Not Okay (I Promise): My Chemical Romance

I cough and gag as my head hangs inside the toilet. I grip the edges and my shoulders hunch up and down as I continue to throw up. Tears slip from my tired and itchy eyes and I sniffle. I now reach my arm up and flush the toilet. I fall back and hit the wall. I scratch my neck and then grab the recorder from beside me. I press the button and wipe my cheek.

"I always knew you were weak, but don't tell me you're not a man of your word either."

"Duck."

"Tell me why...why do you have...those journals?"

"Because I never possessed them in the first place. I found them in a little safe owned by none other than your boss, Matilda Webber."

"You never helped Conrad launder money for Americon. That's why you weren't there at the party back in '92. That's why you attempted to taunt me with videos the whole world had seen already. You never knew Conrad. You had nothing to do with my father being framed."

"And that's another ten points for Ravenclaw! You see, I'm very good at what I do, Amanda. And when I first heard about your father's trial and then the deaths of Conrad, Victoria and Daniel Grayson, it was just too much of a coincidence. It had to be personal. It was vengeful. All for...revenge. It had to of been a family member, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, mother, father, son...daughter. And so I went to work. For a long time, you see. Ever since 2005. Because I just knew how impressive you would be, Amanda. And you lived up to it. I mean, you took them all down without even blinking. And you still are now, well, were, until, like, a minute ago, but, you get my point. And you were right. Doing something as lousy as laundering money for a band of pricks so they could bring down some plane?" He laughs. "Not my forte. I don't like having partners, you know that already. See, I gave you a breadcrumb that day I kidnapped you, and I was waiting for you to finally follow the trail. And you did. Impressing me yet again! And as for these, you might wanna ask Matilda. Just a suggestion. And speaking of suggestion, there is something that I would like in exchange for my bravery, heroism and honesty."

My lips begin to tremble and I put my head down. I let the recorded slip my hand and I pull my knees to my chest. I lean my cheek on them and close my eyes. I now clench my jaw and ears start to ring. I squeeze my eyes tighter and my phone goes off. I pick up my head and grab my phone off the sink counter.

From: Mac
Are you home?
I'm out front

I shut off my phone and get up. I wash my hands and then my face. I dry my cheek with a clean towel and then set it aside. I look at myself in the mirror before taking off my father's ring. I place it in the drawer and then close it. I grab my phone and leave the bathroom, now heading downstairs. I slip my phone in my back pocket and make my way to the door.