034. dalton's nightmare

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Moth To A Flame: Swedish House Mafia, The Weeknd

"Please, put that down." Mac begs. "Trust me, you don't wanna play with it."

"Yeah. Yeah. Just hand it over." I nod. "Just hand it over, okay? Just hand it over."

"Yeah, hand it over, little...little bastard." Evan whispers as the monkey chirps, dancing around on the table.

"Hey, little man." Jack enters. "Hey, man, look what I got. A ripe, delicious thingamabob. All his monkey buddies are eating these outside. They're going crazy for 'em. Hand that detonator over, and this baby's all yours. Hmm? So good." He bites the fruit and McKenna places her hand over her mouth. "So juicy. Mmm." He gags and we all step back. "Oh, y'all eat these things? How are they not extinct?"

"How are you not extinct, Jack?" Riley snaps. "What kind of Darwin Award nominee puts down a detonator in a room full of explosives?"

"The kind with only two hands who had to zip—oh—zip-tie a rebel leader in a hurry, Riley. That's who."

"Okay."

"I just set the detonator down for a second, man. How was I supposed to know some cappuccino monkey was gonna go picking it up?"

"Capuchin." Mac corrects.

"Ah, I think it's cappuccino." Jack tells him.

"It's capuchin."

"Guys, it's a monkey." McKenna stresses.

"You know what? Good news is: safety's still on. So we're not in any real danger, unless he somehow figures out how to-"

"Mac." She places her hand on his arm and the monkey arms the detonator.

"Arm it."

"Oh, fuck." Evan whispers.

"Hey, I...think we better give Curious George something else to be curious about before he pushes that button and ends us all right here." Jack suggests.

"Yeah, yeah, like what, like what?" Riley turns to him.

"I don't know."

"Hey, buddy." Mac takes out his knife. "What's this? Yeah. Yeah. You like that, don't you? Wanna trade?
Yeah. Uh-huh." He walks towards the monkey. "Just like..." He hands over the knife and the monkey drops the detonator on his way out before I catch it. "We're safe." He nods and I push the handle down on the detonator.

"Safe? What is safe about giving a knife to a monkey?
Do you have any idea what that could do?" Jack questions.

"I don't know, Jack. What?"