035. mister and miss's jacoby

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Wedding March: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

"Hey, what's up?" Jack enters with Mac, Bozer and Evan. "Bam!"

"Should I film this?" I cross my arm under the other and eat my chocolate Twizzler.

"I am." McKenna takes out her phone.

"What? What are we filming?" Jack looks around. "Ooh. Mama looks pissed."

"Excuse me?" Matty questions.

"Well, I'm just saying, you don't look as-as sunshiny as usual."

"Okay, I would like for you to switch to your inner voice now."

"Okay."

"I'm serious, Jack."

"Alright. What's going on? Is this about Murdoc?" He places his hand on my arm.

"No." I shake my head.

"It's about another notorious figure from the past." Matty informs.

"Who?" Jack asks.

"Someone I thought I'd buried a decade ago. Duke Jacoby."

"Ooh, no way. How is that even possible?"

"Wait. Am-Am I supposed to know who this person is or..." Riley speaks up.

"Yeah. What is he? A drug dealer? Gunrunner? Is he a mercenary?" Evan guesses.

"Depends on the day of the week." Matty pulls up a photo of Jack on the screen and McKenna chokes on her drink.

"Uh, why does Duke Jacoby have Jack's face?" Bozer pats her back.

"It's one of my old CIA covers, Bozer." Jack tells him and Mac grab a paperclip from the bowl.

"After Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans was basically the Wild West, so while law enforcement was busy reinstating order in the streets..." Matty trails off.

"Duke was sent in to keep an eye on all the sinister activity going on in and around the Port of New Orleans."

"With Duke's help, the Agency was able to disrupt over a hundred criminal and terrorist plots."

"Yeah. I mean, he was one of the best CIA covers, like, ever."

"He was also one of the most expensive CIA covers, like, ever."

"Yeah."

"So much so, that the top brass considered having him assassinated. They called it Operation Budget Cuts."

"Well, by that point, I almost wish they did kill him off.
I-I hated being that guy."

"Yeah, and that shirt is terrible." McKenna grimaces and we all chuckle.