011. did we just pull off a genuine christmas miracle?

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

        ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  White Christmas: The Drifters

"Go get it, go get it!" I throw the stick on the beach and Sammy barks, now running after it. I then see Sammy come back with the stick, and Mac. "I said get the stick, not the chewed up toy." I kneel down and take the stick from Sammy.

"Wow. Now I know what you really think." Mac scoffs.

"Not even close." I shake my head and then rub Sammy's. "Hey." I chuckle as Sammy jumps on me, then licks my cheek.

"He showed up at your house again?" He kneels down and pets Sammy.

"I don't mind. I mean, didn't he used to live in it?" I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Yeah. Yeah, he did. Guess he still misses her as much as I do."

"Dogs have that kind of attachment."

"Yeah, Sammy was hers first."

"But now she's yours just as much. I know she'd agree." I nod. "C'mon, boy. C'mon." I get up. "Come and get me!" I start to run and Sammy barks, following after me.

    •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"I sent agents to Riley's place." I head over to the others. "It's been tossed."

"What?" Evan gapes.

"Yeah, her hard drives have been drilled and destroyed. She left her phone, which isn't a good sign.
They ran trace on it and found an encrypted text from a blocked number. They opened it, and a virus shut down the phone completely. Something on that text made her run." I turn and Sammy starts barking. "The rest of you stay here."

"Lina!" Bozer calls out.

"Woah, woah, hey! Hey, Lina, hey, listen to me." Jack stops me. "I wanna find Riley as much as you do. But you and I both know what you're about to do is a suicide mission."

"Is this you trying to get me to care?" I rasp out before turning again.

"Hey, hey. Lina, stop." Mac now stops me and his phone goes off. "It's Thorton. She probably knows about Riley. So let's go over there, okay? And figure it out." He nods and Sammy barks again.

   •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"We don't have much time." Patty heads towards the room and we follow her.

"Oh, frosted glass. It's about to get real in here, guys." Jack inquires as Patty frosts the glass.

"Seven hours ago, this was posted online."

"This is a copy of an executive order giving the NSA the go-ahead to attack China with a cyber weapon." I look at the screen.

"China responded by sending their entire submarine fleet into attack position in the Pacific." Patty informs.