040. right on the money!

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

            ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Buzzin' (Remix): Mann, 50 Cent

Matty came to visit me again. She sure doesn't back down from what she wants, just like you. After more countless hours of her trying to convince me to change my mind, I couldn't do it. Bringing you on the stand would do more harm than good. It would give Grayson full access to try and hurt you, and I will not allow that. Please forgive me, Amanda. But this was the only way to keep you safe. I hope you'll see that in that time.

A single tear hits the paper and I clench my jaw. I then hear a knock on the door and I quickly wipe my face. I close the journal and put everything else away in the infinity box. I close the file on Hoffman and Murdoc and place it aside. I now get up and walk towards the door.

"Matty didn't text us." I open the door.

"No, I know, I just wanted to check in. See if you had any leads on Murdoc." Mac tells me.

"Appreciate the honesty. And no, I don't have any leads. We can do a polygraph if you wanna be sure."

"I wasn't-"

"I know. I was just messing with you, Mac." I turn and head back over to the table.

"What Murdoc did, with the journal thing-"

"Don't." I shake my head. "Part of me knew he was lying. I just had to be sure. Now I am." I roll up my hoodie sleeves to my elbows. "Wanna tell me why you're being weird?"

"What? I'm not being weird."

"Yeah, you are." I grab the box and files and place them into my hiding spot. "You got that look in your eye." I close the door and use my key to lock it. I then turn as my phone goes off and I walk back over to the table to see the text from Matty. "Matty needs us." I grab my phone and head to the door.

                         •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"So, after we all left New Orleans, Lina and Director Webber arranged for me to work for the CIA instead of going to prison. Thank you, again, for that." Dawn looks at me and Matty and I nod while crossing my arms. "And the Agency assigned me to the L.A. field office, had me creating cover identities. My supervisor was an analyst. His name was Paul Carter."

"Is there a reason you're referring to him in the past tense?" Evan questions.

"Yesterday Paul was killed in a car accident."

"Well, according to the local news, he was driving double the speed limit on a narrow road and flipped his SUV." Riley pulls it up on the screen and I turn my head.

"That's what they say, but I don't believe he was killed in a car accident." Dawn stands up. "I think someone murdered him."

"What makes you say that?" Matty asks.