Chapter 8

KELSEI'S POV

"Kelsei! Answer the fucking phone! Told you to keep this shit in ya room!" Mari snapped, throwing the phone hard against my room door making me jump.

"Tell ya lame ass friends not to call so fucking early!" "I'm sorry," I mumbled, half sleep as I got up out my bed to get the phone.

Rubbing my eyes. I opened the door grabbing the loud cordless phone, and automatically answered, not even meaning to do so. Everyone was knocked out in the apartment, getting ready for class tomorrow. It's been one wild, crazy weekend to say the least, but it was back to business as usual.

Glancing at the clock, it was almost 4 in the morning. Ugh. "Hello?" I answered with a yawn, slipping back in the bed. "What up?" A male voice said as my eyes snapped opened. Kenton. What the-? No, no, no. You weren't supposed to really call me.

"Do you know what time it is?" I snapped, pulling the covers over my head with a frustrated sigh. "Only time I get peace, and quiet. I didn't want to call you when I was around a bunch of people.

Be glad I'm even calling you, because I got a bunch of other bitches I could be fucking with. Besides, you up. You wouldn't have answered if you weren't so chill with that attitude," he said.

I opened one eye to look at the phone in confusion before hanging up. Tossing the phone on the floor after muting it just in case he tried to call back. You'll never hear me say this throughout the book but, fuck he think this is?

Talking to me like I should be glad I was in his presence. I got enough shit on my plate, don't need to hear a selfish, egotistical, cocky son of a bitch on my phone talking like that to me. So when I woke up a couple hours later, I showered up, got dressed, and ate an apple for breakfast.

Typical morning for Kelsei. Nothing fancy like Mari who takes hours in the bathroom to flat iron her hair, or Ossy who blast Tupac in her room every morning just to get her mind right.

Me, I walked around with my head phones in my ear listening to the next music piece I had to play, and a book in my hand, reading. Ready for the day. Kenton was still on the back of my mind, but at this point, I didn't care. He should probably get the point that I wasn't interested.

If he had so many girls, so many other options he could freely talk to them, and completely forget about me. I wore my usual sweats, and hoodie switching from class to class before finally finishing up around 1, meeting up with Mia, and my only male friend Tyler.

We both sat in the cafeteria together in the corner keeping to ourselves as we enjoyed a small lunch. "You need to experience a relationship Kelsei. At least one time. How can you have sex, and not be emotional attached to the guy?" "Easy," I shrugged, chewing my on my food.

"Emotions complicate things. Relationships are designed for people who want to carry the weight of someone else's feelings on their shoulders, and into their lives. I don't want to do that.

I have my own emotions, my own life that I need to worry about. Sex is just a natural stress relief. It's pleasure, and passion. Raw, and natural for the body to release onto another. It's the act of doing it that I focus on.

Not who I'm doing it with," I stated matter of fact. "So when's the last time you relieved your stress?" Tyler asked as Mia turned her nose up at him. "Nigga you sick freak, and you got a girlfriend!" She snapped as I laughed.

"It's been a while, I know I'm way over due. Just hasn't been on my mind lately." Besides I had toys that I used but they didn't need to know that. No one did. Not even you, the reader. "You such a fucking robot Kelsie. Actually, you're like a nigga in a woman's body. Fuck with no feelings.