Chapter 28

TAYLOR'S POV

"So what happened?" I asked Karmmoni as we sat in her room, Saturday morning eating a bowl of cereal. We were supposed to have her birthday party here at the house tonight, but finding out that her older brother Adonis was in jail put a damper on a few things.

I sat on the edge of her bed in my red sorority pajama bottoms and a simple white tank with my hair into jumbo sized twist. Her room was decorated with pictures of friends, family, and her sorority sisters. One wall had a pink, and green frame around it. I wasn't that over the top with my colors, but you walk in my room, you can tell I was opposite of her sorority.

"I have no idea. Now Hassen is wants to come by, and spend the night," she said excitedly, eyes wide as she looked at me. "What the fuck am I supposed to do?" "I mean, he's yo boyfriend so at some point, he has to meet your brothers," I told her as she groaned, falling back on her bed.

Hassen was Karmmani's boyfriend of damn near a year, and has yet to meet her brothers. I met him a while back when I came to visit from California. I didn't care for the nigga because he was a know it all, and cocky as fuck but if he made her happy, then that's all that matters.

"I know they won't like him, just like I know he won't like them and you know how he is. He doesn't hold back," she said, looking at her phone. "But I told myself I wanted to have sex for the first time on my birthday, and this is the perfect night to do it. I just need my brothers to stay away for a night," she said, mind turning with ideas before she looked at me with those sneaky hazel eyes.

I already knew what the fuck she was thinking. "No, no, and no," I told her as she started pleading. "Taylor! Come on! I would do it for you!" "Bitch I don't have a million brothers, and I wish I was having sex tonight!" I laughed, thinking about how I need to get out. I refuse to be the only virgin in this house after tonight.

Sad that Karmmani, and I were both not sexually active, but I had my reasons. She was always the gorgeous girl every nigga would kill over so her having a boyfriend for a year with no sex was normal. They do shit like that for her, but for me? Nah. "Just keep them occupied for the night," she begged, grabbing my arm as she gave me the puppy dog face.

I stared at my best friend for over 20 years, since diaper days. Looking at her light complexion and those sleepy eyes, looking like Elijah if he was a girl. "Who all is coming over here?" I sighed as she squealed in excitement, hugging me.

"I think it's just Kenton, and Kole," looking at her phone lighting up as she smiled, sliding the screen to answer it. "Hello?" "What up?" Pharaoh said through the speaker in a sleepy voice. "What you doing?" "Laying in the bed with Tay trying to figure out what we doing for the birthday. Did you call the boys?"

"Nah not yet," he said softly into the phone just as we heard a female's voice in the background. "Can you tell your hoes to keep quiet? It's not even 8 in the morning Pharaoh," Karmmoni teased as I laughed.

"Nah I'm at my girlfriend's house right now, she's on the phone with her pops," he said easily as both of our jaws dropped. This is the one nigga who did not believe in having a girlfriend. Like, that shit was unheard of. "Girlfrienddddd?!" We both shrieked, hearing him laugh.

"Since when?! Why haven't I met her?! How long has this been going on Pharaoh?!" "It's new shit," he said coolly in his usual calm manner. "Aye, look I was calling to tell you happy birthday. I'll stop by later on to give you yo birthday present." "Nah uh, back to the girl," Karmmoni said as he laughed.