Chapter 27

HALEY'S POV

"This is my jam!" My coworker Nichole called out, raising her cup in the air as we moved through the packed crowd at the Gold Lounge. With all I've been through this week I had to go out this weekend but I didn't mean this. We've been here for over an hour, and so far I've been hit on by the creepiest men, or the Shystie, looking guys who probably approached every girl.

When I said go out I meant a nice restaurant, a nice lounge at most damn but It's been a rough week for me to say it was my first week in Atlanta, so this little night out would help me get over that I guess. Now that I was here, smoke filled the air, drinks spilled on the floor, girls wearing God knows what, and men feeling the need to touch up on you, I had about enough.

Finding a decent spot to hang back at, we stood to ourselves as we enjoyed the music. I looked down at my two piece ensemble. Jeans skirt I designed, with the black corset with the weekend on it, hair was slicked back in to two curl boho buns. "We gotta do this again next weekend!" Nichole called out as I rolled my eyes with a smile. "This might be my last!" I responded over the music as I looked at my post I posted earlier on Instagram

 "This might be my last!" I responded over the music as I looked at my post I posted earlier on Instagram

Like by tastyNic_ and 189,620 other
Pr3ttyface_Haley: ❤️‍🔥
View all 410 comments

I locked my phone just as a dark skin guy with a cruly cut walked over to me, looking like he stepped out of an 80s music video. He looked me up, and down in a dramatic fashion with a hand on his chin, smiling. "Aye! You look even better up close with yo sexy dark skin ass!" He let out, chomping on gum.

"What's yo name shawty?" "Nigga take yo whack ass somewhere else!" Nichole laughed with her head thrown back. "I can't believe you even approached her with that line!" "Wasn't nobody talking to yo short dumpling looking ass!" He snapped as my eyes grew wide, looking from him, to Nichole.

"My name is Rodney, what's yours chocolate?" "Apologize to her, and maybe you'll find out," was all I said before moving further down in disgust. I can't believe the nerve of some of these men here. I continued to move to the beat of the music seeing Rodney, and Nichole going at it with her short self, finger all in his face as she rolled her neck.

"Damn you sexy as fuck gull, what's yo name?" A guy said, coming up behind me as he eyed my backside. Gold teeth in the front, braids going back, need I say more? "You look like one of them model bitches. You a model?" "Girl!" Nichole let out as she moved passed the man, hand soaked. "I had to throw my drink in that nigga's face. He is too crazy."

"Are you serious?" I laughed, seeing the guy who tried to talk to me walk off. Nichole was pure craziness, and I'm sure he wanted no part of it. She moved her weave back off her shoulder as she continued to bounce to the music, occasionally twerking on me trying to make me laugh.

"It's too many fine niggas in here to be getting hit on by the rejects," she let out, sipping through her straw. "Speaking of fine," eyes zooming in on someone in particular. "This nigga has been staring you down the entire time." "Who?" I asked, feeling my body tense as I looked around, but she grabbed my arm. "Don't look bitch, just let me describe him before you freak him out," she laughed.