Chapter 24

HALEY'S POV

"Oh my Lordddd," I groaned in frustration as I turned over in my bed, using the thick pillow to block out the sounds of music, and laughter from next door

"Oh my Lordddd," I groaned in frustration as I turned over in my bed, using the thick pillow to block out the sounds of music, and laughter from next door. I can't do this.

I just freaking moved to this house today, barely finished unpacking, and already want to move out. I closed my eyes tight trying to tune out the noise from outside, gripping the thick blue pillow tighter over my head.

"Bruh! Fuck that shit! Nigga had it coming! When I see those bitch niggas he roll with on the street, I'ma pop on them too!" One said with a loud laugh. "Hit em like BUH! BUH! BUH! They not gonna ever see it coming!"

"Nigga you is a fool bruh!" Another laughed as I sat up in the bed, looking at the time on my phone. 2:43 am. Monday morning. I had work in a few hours, and these hooligans, these fools, these niggas want to be outside like it's a Friday night, and nobody else lives in this neighborhood.

I turned around to look out the window, peeking through the blinds seeing at least 10 people sitting on the lit porch, smoking, and drinking. A few were hanging out in the drive way sitting on cars, blasting music, and a couple of girls, barely dressed like it wasn't cold outside. I sighed, laying back down on the bed as I covered my face with the pillow, wishing I could get some sleep. 

"Aye, tell that mothafucka we about that life! Fuck that shit, we about it my nigga. Straight run up on you, take you for everything you got, fuck yo girl, and yo mama, and be out!" "Yo turn that music up baby!" One called out as the music became even louder. I started to feel the bass of the rap song in my chest as I let out another sigh. I can't take this no more.

I just moved here earlier this morning, first time in Atlanta, and already I have to deal with this. I'm coming from Albany Georgia, and I'm definitely not used to all this noise, and hoopla in the middle of the night. I liked quiet, silence, and a good night sleep. Not this crap.

I got up, patting my head through the scarf as I slipped on some shoes. I grabbed my long thick cardigan knowing I only had on a tank, and some shorts underneath, and stepped out of my room. I'm so close to calling the police, but I didn't want to be labeled as that neighbor. You know?

I moved passed the boxes in my living room, and opened the front door, stepping out. The cold hit me so hard, I almost thought about going back in, but I'm out now. The street lights were on, barely lighting up the streets as people walked along the sides, with obvious teenagers clearly sneaking in, and out of houses. I looked to my left seeing the small party on the porch, smoking, still laughing it up like it was daylight. Hell no.

I stepped off my porch, wrapping myself tighter within my sweater as I walked over to their yard. All eyes slowly making their way to me. It looked like something straight out of a rap video. Guys posted up, jeans sagging, bottles everywhere, smell of weed hitting me hard, and I could hear dogs barking. No doubt a pitbull.